Fifty Eight

Kylie:

The drive back home Dean and I reminisced about old memories, “You know, I never actually asked you, when did you realize that you liked me?” I asked him, laughing due to the funny story we’d just shared and he shrugged. “Not sure, I’m going to be honest. Little things, I’d notice the way you’d talk, your eyes, and then I guess I realized I’d already fallen.”

He shrugged and glanced over at me, “And, that scared me, I’m gonna be honest. I was afraid something would happen to you and I wouldn’t be able to pick myself up from the mess that would leave me in.” I looked at the ground, still unable to believe that I could mean that much to anyone.

“Then you kissed me.” I said simply and he laughed, “That was unplanned, but yes.” Dean said giving me a lopsided grin. “Yeah, I should’ve paid attention to where I was going.” I laughed, turning red at the memory.

“Hey Kylie!” Sam yelled from the library, and I groaned. I was still sore from the hunt we’d gone on last night, a demon landed a hit straight in my stomach and I had quite a nasty bruise forming.

“What?!” I yelled back, hoping I wouldn’t have to get up. “We have a new case! Get up so we can tell you about it.” “Ugh.” I sighed, over exaggerating it so that he could hear as I hauled myself out of bed.

I heard him call for Dean too and my heart did the butterfly thing, over the past couple of weeks I may have fallen for the older Winchester. And I may have been so obvious about it Sam had told me to grow a pair and tell him already because he’d never realize it on his own.

After telling us about ghosts that was haunting important political figures he told us that we had an hour to get ready. “Please, two hours?” I pleaded and Sam crossed his arms, “Tell Dean and I’ll consider.” “See you in an hour.” I replied, turning on my heels and heading straight to my room to grab a few pairs of clothes.

My side hurt so much that I was actually considering telling him just for another hour of rest but I bit my tongue. That would be stupid. With my luck I’d jack up telling him and make things awkward or worse, get kicked out. That would be awful.

“Get a grip.” I scolded myself standing up and heading outside. As I walked past Dean’s room he came out with papers.

Sadly, i didn’t have enough time to react, because we collided and before I knew what had happened we were both on the floor. In an awkward position, him on top of me.

Kissing.

He pulled back and I blushed, “Um...I-uh...I should watch where I’m going. I’m just going to...um-go.” I stammered, my mouth not working properly. He seemed just as shocked as I was and I nearly sprinted away from him.

Sam was sitting in the library, staring at his computer and I ran out to him, “Sam!” I exclaimed, he looked up at me and I blurted, “I bumped into Dean and kissed him by accident and I probably jacked everything up.” he took a second to process that. “Isn’t that a good thing?” “Yes-no, I don’t know!” I yelled throwing my hands up and sitting down, shoving my face into my arms. “I’m an idiot.” I groaned, and Sam laughed, “No you aren’t, have yous seriously not noticed he feels the same about you? You both are the most oblivious people I know.”

I sat up and looked at him, “Huh?” “I promised him I wouldn’t tell but the cat’s already out of the bag.” he replied, shrugging and returning to the computer.

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

Then without realizing, I’d stood up and ran to Dean room where he had his face in his hands.

“Hey.” I said, and his head snapped up to me, he stood up. “Earlier-” “Sam told me.” “Bitch.” “Jerk!” Sam replied from the library and I yelled, “Stop listening to private conversations!” “Fine!”

I rubbed the back of my neck. “So you do...you know…”

As an answer he walked over and kissed me again.

When he pulled back I turned red, “Well...guess that answers that question.”

We pulled back into the bunker, feeling closer to each other than ever.