Chapter 14: Abyss

Toni's P.O.V

I was extensively satisfied with my plan, but my heart was still hammering against my chest. 

"She should be here at any moment," Nicole stated.

"Kay," 

She let out a sigh, "You'll never forgive me, won't you," she said rather than asked.

"No, not really, I don't think I would," I smiled coldly.

Her mouth parted in defense, but the bell went off. I sat back in the couch as she headed to get the door. I heard giggles before both girls walked in and Valentina froze in her place. 

"What's he doing here?" She sounded more worried than angry.

I got up, a smile playing on my lips, "You're not the only one who knows your way around people,"

"Get him out," She spat.

"No one's leaving; not even Nicole. You got her into this, she's staying in this no matter how badly your image is going to get dragged in front of her,"

She shook her head, "What do you want?" she set her bag aside.

"For you to admit that I am not your fucking baby daddy, and that I have nothing to do with this. I was going to get my hands off of the two of you filthy assholes until you pinned this on me." I took a deep breath, "Was cheating not enough for you?"

Her hand moved to her hair, "You are the baby daddy,"

"Do you think I'm stupid? I read that report and I saw that the baby has been there for 12 weeks, that's after the World Cup, during your stay in Germany, in which it coincided that he had business there, and God knows how he got his hands on you," 

"We slept together the night before my flight," she insisted.

I took several steps towards her until I was inches away from her, "It was very well protected, from both sides. Stop fucking with me." 

"Toni-"

"What's he holding against you?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

Her face turned pale and she shrunk in her skin, "Please," she whispered.

Nicole stood there, nervous and unsure of what to do. "You know what, I don't give a single flying fuck about what you did, but what I do care about is why, of all people, did you choose him to fall in the hands of? Why be impregnated by him? Why, after all that, are you pinning and dragging me in this?" 

Her lips turned into a sneer, "Because you don't unde-"

"Enough with the fucking I don't understand!" I screamed. "You're not talking to me about it to make such judgments you fucking bitch!"

"Toni," Nicole whispered.

Val's lips turned into a sneer, "I'm in this because of you," she whispered through the sneer.

"Excuse me? I stepped closer.

"You got me into this," she repeated. "Because his ex slept with you, and you defeated him in court, so he came back for revenge on me. I don't deserve this, but you do, because you after all, maybe you really did rape-"

I grabbed her by the collar, "Say that again." I said through gritted teeth. Her eyes were watering and Nicole touched my arm, "I swear to God, if you step closer Nicole,"

"What are you going to do, rape her?" She taunted. 

I took a deep breath in attempt to calm her, but I found my hand flying to her face, causing her head to hit the wall. 

"Don't ever say that," I hissed.

***

"No you fucking didn't," Isco shook his head.

I looked up, feeling my eyes sting with tears, "I did, Toni, I did. I don't know what hit me." 

"Well, not her, that's for sure. If word goes around, there are two pending crimes heading towards you; abuse and physically abusing a pregnant woman." 

I buried my face in my hands and felt the clog in my throat tighten as tears silently escaped. Isco moved next to me and rubbed my back, "She knows how sensitive I am about that topic," 

"I really don't know what to say, Toni,"

I continued, "I didn't mean to hurt her, but her insults kept firing repetitively," 

The doorbell went off, "This can't be good," he whispered.

He went to get it, and when he was back, he was accompanied by two other buff men, "Toni Kroos, you're under arrest for physical assault." 

I woke up in my bed, drenched with sweat as my heart pounded against my chest, only wishing it could escape me and leave me dead. 

Dedicated to the lovely Jayme112234