Chapter 6: Flames

Toni's P.O.V

My fingers were tightly clutching the cup in my hand. 

"Grip any harder and that cup will shatter, and I guarantee you that cuts and alcohol do not combine nicely." Isco shook his head.

I placed the it on the coffee table and ran my fingers through my hair. "Refill." I demanded. 

He was on the verge of obeying before he looked into my eyes, "They're blood shod." 

"I don't give a shit. Refill the damn thing." I rolled my eyes. 

"And have you intoxicated? You've drunk more than a bottle on your own, Toni," he sighed, sitting next to me. 

"Like it matters," I mumbled. 

"I know we lost badly today, and your argument with those two filth faces a week ago are pressuring you, but you can't harm yourself like that." He spoke softly. 

 Pressing my head against my palms, I felt myself go light headed. I opened my mouth to reply to Isco, but all I saw, heard and felt after that point was blackness. 

***

Through gritted teeth, I spoke, "I'm going to find out what it is, no matter what it takes." 

"Without drowning in alcohol," Isco said as he slipped his shirt on. 

"I'm German," I laughed. "It's our thing." 

He wished me luck before I walked out of the locker room and hurried to Valentina's office. I barged in and saw her clutching her stomach, doubled over and drained of color as she held her hair. 

The second I saw her, the realization hit me just as hard as the foul odor. She was wiping her mouth, and looked horrified to see me. 

"Disgusting," I spat.

She straightened her posture and attempted a sly look. "You don't expect me throw up rainbows, do you?" 

"Witty. I hope your fetus is just as witty as you are. Or as disgusting as the father." I snickered. 

I didn't think it was possible for her face to go any paler, but I proved myself wrong. "How'd you know?"

"I didn't. You just confirmed it." 

"Confirmed what? I just have a little food poisoning," she rolled her eyes. "Now, do you mind getting the fuck out of here? I need to fix this mess." 

"This mess could've been avoided in this first place if your big boy's pull out game wasn't so weak." I winked.

Her face was splashed with a shade of pink, which was exactly what I needed to see before smirking to myself and leaving.

As soon as I left the building and got into my car I pressed my forehead against the steering wheel. 

Despite the smirks and witty comments, I was aching. 

Despite the pieces coming together, I was shattered.

I lifted my head after God knows how long when Isco opened the door to the passenger seat. 

"Man, I legit thought you passed out." He shook his head as he got in. I blinked at him, my eyes not adjusting to the light after staring at the wheel for so long. "Toni what's wrong?" He examined me as I rubbed my forehead.

"She was throwing up," I sighed.

"So?" He lifted his eyebrows.

I felt a bit embarrassed at his question, "When a girl is having morning sickness, what's the first thing that occurs to you?"

He looked confused, "Toni, I think you're overth- ohh! Pregnancy!" He shouted as if he figured out the hardest question on the test. His eyes widened. "You don't think it's... no." 

I shrugged. "This is hurting me because I really don't know and she's blocking me out, I just want to be there for her." 

"What if it's yours?" He asked, scratching his beard.

"We only did it twice and it was protected." I shook my head.

"Things will get better, but for now, you need to bring out your inner German and get fucking dunk, and I'll have to babysit you." He laughed.

"You'll be twice as drunk as I'll be, but hey, I'll take what's on the table." I smiled before driving away from the Ciudad.