Chapter 4: Endless Circles

Toni's P.O.V

I ran my fingers through my hair as I stared at the walls. 

I was convinced that she was somewhat blackmailed into dating him, but what possible reason could it be?

Despite having known Valentina for just over one month, I was positive that there was no problem big enough to get her into dating someone like Jandro. 

I stood up and walked aimlessly around the house. My thoughts were all over the place. 

I was considering confronting Alejandro, but that would be way too risky. 

I was considering telling Isco or Iker about my encounter with her yesterday, but I was sure that would only make matters worse. 

I grabbed my car keys and headed out of the house before driving around Madrid. I took a deep breath and headed to Val's place. I sat in the car for a while, contemplating my choice.

I knocked on her door to be greeted by an annoyed Valentina. "What do you want, Kroos?" she glared.

"I need to talk to you." I sighed. 

She stepped a side and eyed me as I walked in. "What do you want?" she repeated.

"The truth." 

"Of what?" She smiled.

"Oh, no, you're not pulling that card on me." I hissed.

"What card?" She faked a confused look. "You're not my boyfriend, anyway, so I don't owe you any explanations now, do I? You can't force me." 

I felt a vein jump in my cheek. "At least I never forced you to date me."

Her expression softened and her voice was barley a whisper. "How do you know?"

"I don't, you just gave it away." I shook my head.

"You have no proof of any of what I told you." She straightened her posture in an attempt to seem confident.

"Right, but when the media get Iker Casillas' sister with Spain's most infamous lawyers, no eye brows will be raised. Especially your brother's." I nodded. "Fair enough."

"Is this some sort of blackmail?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Blackmail? Ask your boyfriend. I'm sure the both of us know that he's an expert in that field." I smirked.

"You're playing a dirty game." She spat.

"Your boyfriend is, I'm not. I'm trying to help, babe. But you're refusing it." 

"I didn't ask for it."

"Alright, take care. It was nice attempting to save you from the misery. Whatever it is, you haven't seen anything yet. Good luck." I turned my back.

"It's not that easy to talk about." She whispered.

My hand was on the door knob and I was still facing the door. "But it's easier to be with him, right?" 

"I have no choice." 

"I can tell." I rolled my eyes. "You need to put yourself out of the misery. Whatever you did, he will find a way to make it worse." I turned around to find the tears staining her cheeks. 

"I need time to process this, it happened during the World Cup. The cuts are still fresh." She looked down at the floor.

I felt my heart sink. She's been involved with him since the World Cup. 

"Alright, see you." I found myself saying before rushing out of the door.

I felt my hands and knees go weak. I pressed my head onto the steering wheel and let my shoulders relax. All this time, and she'd been with him.