Chapter 1 - Buenos Aires

Start from the beginning

His eyes widened, and he put the newspaper aside. "What?! You should've finished yesterday night!"

Taking a bite from my toast, I gave him a glare. "Thank you, Mr obvious." But all that came out was something that sounded like, 'gjaoxnsj'.

Dad just stared at me, and silently returned to his newspaper. "Don't be late! Angie, Olga and Ramallo are all upstairs finishing packing, you should go and begin as well!"

Finishing quickly what else I had in my plate, I nodded. "Yes, dad."

- - -

"Violetta? Vilu? Wake up, we've just landed!"

Slowly opening my eyes, letting them adjust to the airplane light, I realized that we had indeed landed, and Buenos Aires was just outside our window. A quick glance and I was already eager to explore the city and the beauty it brought with it.

When we got off the plane, dad and Angie left momentarily to take our luggage. I rubbed my eyes and turned my gaze to the sky. The night had fallen and the city lights made the place look even more beautiful. I couldn't wait to live in all this.

"Ready for a new beginning, dear?" Olga was by my side, and asked me. I turned at her and gave her a warm smile.

"As ready as anyone could be."

She returned the smile, but remained silent. Dad and Angie returned not long after, motioning us to follow them to the exit of the airport.

Soon enough, we were in a taxi and driving towards our new home. Dad, Angie and I had gone on a different taxi than Olga and Ramallo. My gaze was constantly on the streets as I was taking everything in. I still couldn't believe we were here.

Where mum and dad met.

Upon thinking about her, a wave of sadness came over me. I wish she was here with me, to experience it all with me. It was exactly as she said it. I would be fulfilling my goals and achieving my dreams without her, one of the most important people I had the pleasure to have had by my side in my life.

I missed her, and Buenos Aires already gave me a feeling of nostalgia. I wanted nothing more than have my mum here and hug her right now. But, heaven accepted her early, and I could do nothing about that. I just hoped she would be watching from up there and smiled at me, at how far I've come.

I was brought back to reality by Angie, who nudged me to get out of the taxi. "We're here." I followed her actions and got out, taking my not few suitcases with me, and walked towards a.. mansion?

It was actually huge. Really huge. It looked like a house, no, a villa, out of a movie, and that added even more to its charm. It was like I loved it at first sight, and I hadn't even seen the inside.

"So, what do you think about the outside?" Dad walked past me and towards the door, getting out a pair of keys.

"It's.. I don't even know what to say." I laughed breathlessly, taken away by its size.

Dad simply smiled and opened the door. He gave me a nod and motioned me to go first, and I did. As I entered, it was exactly as I expected. I was taken aback by how vintage and pretty it was.

Dad knew how to make a choice.

I must've been standing in the hallway for too long, because I heard Angie shouting from upstairs, -yes, there was an upstairs!- "This is absolutely perfect! Oh, how I missed this!" That earned a chuckle out of me, but at the same time troubled me.

'How I missed this?' What does that mean?

Has she been here before?

On your right was the kitchen, that connected with both the hallway and the dining table. In the front was the living room, with a big, comfortable looking sofa that was tempting me to run and jump on it. From the living room, on the right was the dining table that connected with the kitchen as I previously said.