Rose's Thorne

Chapter 1: The Escape

I ran. Ran for my life, ran for my freedom. My breath was ragged; I felt my chest and legs slowly starting to burn.

I dodged the trees and their branches, running as fast as I can to escape him. Chanting in my head to escape, to get the freedom I have longed for, for ten years. To escape the Hell I was leaving behind and the future I was running to.

As I run deeper into the unknown territory of the forest I hear the angry shouts of my personal hell bringer. This made me run faster, my body screamed for me to stop so the pain can stop, but the adrenaline running through me keeps me going. I felt my hazel eyes burning from unshed tears, wanting to escape, but I not letting them.

When I saw an opening coming I knew freedom was a few steps away, few tiny steps and I could live the life I have longed for, the life I should have been living. Right when I was so close I could reach out I felt something hard shove me to the side. I rolled away from the opening and smacked against a tree. My sides burned from the fall and I saw black dots enter my vision; everything was spinning before me as I slowly try to get up. But when I managed to get to my knees I felt a hand enclose around my throat, lift me up, and slam my back against the tree.

"You bitch; you think you could have escaped from me?" My hell bringer, Gareth, sneered at me. He was livid his eyes showing how much he wanted to strangle me, I felt his hand squeeze tighter around my throat, and my breaths became shallower as I struggled to breath.

"Answer me!" He screeched, "No one escapes from me and don't think you will be the first to do so!"

The tears in my eyes that I tried to hold back slowly began to fall; I felt the cold wetness slowly slide down my dirty pale cheeks.

"No," I croaked out to Gareth.

He smirked his evil sadistic smirk of his as he brought his face closer to my ear and whispered, "You will never escape, and you will always be mine. And if you do somehow find a way to escape no one will want you. You have no one in this world to care about you; you are just a filthy piece of trash left on my doorstep."

His words stung as it hit the truth straight on. I was left on his doorstep at the age of one. In the beginning he was kind to me treated me like a father would have, but when I turned the age of 8 he got more abusive; emotional and physically. My parents didn't want me; they left me on this bastard's doorstep.

Bitterness swept through me and I did something I have wanted to do since this all began I spit in his face and murmured bitterly at him, "This all may be true, but I'd rather escape from you and live a life of nothingness, then to stay with you, you emotionless bastard!"

This made Gareth even more livid; his hand around my throat tightened even more than before, making me breathe ragged breaths.

I closed my eyes waiting for death to come, when I felt the hand around the hand around my throat release, I drew in deep breaths. I cracked open my eyes to see a man hold Gareth around his throat. My eyes widen at what I was witnessing. This man looked like a fallen angel, hair black as the night sky and eyes that shined like emeralds in the sun.

"How about you leave the little lady alone," the mysterious man said calmly. Gareth's eyes were wide with shock and terror, I slowly slide down the tree as my legs finally gave out and watched the scene before me.

"How does it feel to be in her position? Not as fun right? But I can say I'm enjoying this very much, seeing the terror in your eyes is making this even funner for me," he said coldly, "I hate weasels like you, the ones who hurt women for nothing."

Gareth tried to get out of the tight grip of the mysterious man, but him struggling only made it worse. Gareth then looked straight into my saviors eyes and replied, "This 'little lady' is my property and this is none of your business. She's just trash I'm returning home."

The man stared more coldly at Gareth and said nothing to this, he then looked at me, his beautiful green eyes captivating me, I just couldn't look away from them. My hearted fluttered nervously in my chest as he stared right into me as if he can read my every secret. He slowly broke the stare and turned back to Gareth and threw him on the ground.

"Leave her alone and if I ever see you anywhere near her I will personally deliver your death." The man's eyes shone brightly as each word was delivered to Gareth.

Gareth trembled from horror as he slowly stood up on shaky legs, "I'm going to report you to the royal courts and get my property back! Beware you have made a choice you will regret!" And with that Gareth ran away like Hell's hounds were right on his heels.

The man just slowly shook his head as he walked toward me, when he got close enough to me he crouched down to be at my level.

"I will take care of you from now on, don't worry you won't see that horrid man ever again," The man murmured softly to me, a small smile pasted on his perfect face.

I nodded slowly and gave a hesitant smile back.

"My name is Thorne, these forests is my territory, now please tell me your name," he asked sincerely.

I felt my eye lids get heavy from exhaustion, but I softly replied, "Rose. My name is Rose." Then darkness consumed me.

_____________________________________________

I hope you like my story! Please give me feedback on what you think! And dont forget to comment, fan, and vote please! <3