Enjoy the Story

I ran and I ran, I had to get away, I have to get away. They killed her, it's their fault she gone. No, it's just his. It's Percy. It's his fault. I trusted him with her life, and he let her die. I can image her limp body, I trusted him, I thought he would protect her, he promised he would bring her back to me, but he lied, he caused her death, he killed her. He... he toke everything I had, now I'm alone, just a twelve year old, frail boy in the middle a snowy woods somewhere in New York.

"No, Nico." The voice came from nowhere and scared me senseless. I turned to see a glowing vaguely transparent being, and my sob turned to a blood curdling cry it made the man's image flickered. "Relax," the man said, looking more frightened than I was. "Calm down!"

"Who... who are you," I stuttered with my olive skin covered in goose bumps.

"I am Minos, king of Crete, and I know who you are..."

"I am Nico di Angelo, son... son of Hades." where I gotten that, I'm not sure, but as soon as I said it I knew it was true, I am the son of Hades, god of the underworld, and king of the dead.

The man responded with a smirk, "Yes! Yes you are, but you are not alone, I, Minos, judge of the dead, am here to help you and..."

"NO!!!" I responded in a harsh voice, I couldn't trust him; I didn't care to be alone if my sister was gone, and how could anyone help me get her back.

"Go away," it came out in stern voice also a little deeper than mine should've been, but the man, whom I decided was the ghost of the ancient king Minos who lived thousands of years ago, started to dissolve but he seemed to be fighting it, though it was no use, within a few seconds the ghost king had completely vanished and I was so exhausted that I fell to knees, started to cry, and then everything went black.

I woke to dog licking my face. His eyes were a dark maroon and he resembled a beagle, but he had the face of a husky, and he was about six feet tall with a long, slim body like he hadn't eaten in weeks. At first I was startled but then I realized the dog was concerned for me almost lured to me. I looked into the dogs eyes and saw the fate of all his prey, animals from rabbits, to Deer to something that eerily resembled a small dragon.

"He likes you," the voice made me jump and I swore if one more thing startled me I would have a heart attack, I turned to see a woman with black hair, dull eyes that shifted from gray to black, to brown to white. She wore a deep green gown with feather patterns. The dog bounded into the woods away from the timeless woman.

"Great," I said. "What now, a goddess here to give me a death sentence? I mean seriously what's up with all of this, it doesn't make..."

"All in good time young hero, I know this is hard to understand, but you have passed your first test..."

"But I..."

"Do NOT interrupt me boy! I have given messages for millennia and you will not be the first to prevent me from giving one, now you will listen to me without saying a word if you value your life!"

The outburst surprised me, but she let it sink in.

"Good. Now as I was saying, you have passed your first test, you did not follow the path of Minos. I'm here to warn you of a greater test, I am Arke, former messenger of the titans," She said that like it was great accomplishment then continued, "sister of the great goddess Iris. I warn you son of Hades, soon, very soon, you will encounter a... special man, a good friend of mine, with an impossible request, but you must do what he asked, or you should expect the end of western civilization and the world as we know it. Now I must be going, the titans grow stronger and already expect me of treason, now heed my warning child of the dead, you may be the one who decides the fate of the world."