Chapter 13

The day of the party Sebastian tells everyone what they have to do. Lily was to help Mey-Rin serve drinks and food. Lily does her job well and when Master Siemens grabs her butt she drops the tray of glasses. Sebastian sighs and was quickly by her side. “I’m sorry young master.” Lily says as she begins to clean the mess. Ciel sighs and gives Lily a small nod before motioning Sebastian to help her. Siemens was now sweet talking Mey-Rin who looked frightened. With Sebastian’s help Lily has the mess cleaned up quickly. When Siemens was too drunk Sebastian carries him to his room and Ciel had Lily come with him to get his night clothes ready. Once the three of them were in Ciel’s room alone Ciel hands Sebastian a small box.

          “You can marry her.” Ciel says. Sebastian smiles before turning to Lily and proposing. It was a simple gold ban and once on Lily’s finger she cried a little. “Thank you young master.” Lily says. Ciel nods and lets Sebastian change him. Once Ciel was in bed Sebastian and Lily head to the kitchen to clean. Mey-Rin gasp when she sees Lily’s hand and that causes the others to stop what they were doing to see what the problem was. “Lily what is this?” Bard asks. Sebastian chuckles and puts his arm around Lily. “Lily and I are going to get married.” Sebastian says. They gasp then get back to work. The bell rings and Sebastian goes with Mey-Rin to check on Siemens. There is a scream and Lily runs with the other three to the room to see Sebastian by a dead body. She was shocked when they made to young master sleep with Mr. Wordsmith.

          Sebastian shows everyone their room and Lily goes with the other servants back to finishing cleaning. Once done Sebastian leads Lily to his room and hands her one of his shirts to wear to bed.  She heads to the bathroom to change and sits on his bed. “Sleep in here and I’ll be back soon I have something’s to get ready for tomorrow. I love you.” Sebastian says before kissing her. “I love you too Sebastian. Try to finish your work quickly.” Lily says as she lays on his bed. Sebastian hesitates as he begins to walk out of the room. “What is wrong?” Lily asks as she sits up a little. “Nothing.” He says then leaves the room. She wakes to the sound of Ciel screaming. Lily runs to where he is and feels Bard grab her. “Lily stay here.” Bard says. Lily pulls away from him and sees Sebastian laying on the floor dead. “Sebastian.” Lily screams before running over to him and sitting by him. She places her hands on his face the ring catching the light as well as the others attention and she starts to cry. “Sebastian you can’t go.” Lily cries harder and berries her face into his bloody jacket. The others start to talk about Sebastian’s death as Mey-Rin walks over and places a hand on Lily’s back.

          “Lily come over here.” Ciel orders. Lily stands but keeps her eyes on Sebastian’s face. Bard rushes over to her and pulls her away from him. “Lily where were you and what are you wearing?” Lau asks. Lily has a dead look in her eyes. “I over slept. I was in Sebastian’s room and he was supposed to come get me….” Lily starts but begins to cry again and she falls to the ground. Mey-Rin gets Lily up and over to where Ciel was standing. Lily lets them pull her around. When they started talking about how Sebastian was killed she goes pale and looks sick. “Stop it. You shouldn’t be talking about this in front of the young master or Lily.” Finny yells. Lily takes one last look at Sebastian before running from the room. Once she was back in Sebastian’s room she throw herself on the bed and berries her face in the pillows.

          Ciel walks in and puts a hand on her back. “Big sister sit up.” Ciel says in a gentle voice. Lily sits up and wipes her face. “I’m sorry to embarrass you like that little brother.” Lily says. Ciel pulls her out of Sebastian’s room and to where he had slept the night before. “You’re not the only one who lost it when they saw Sebastian that way. I’m sorry for not thinking about how you would feel.” Ciel says. Lily places a hand on his shoulder. “Young master. I don’t think I’ll be any good to you or the others in the state I’m in.” Lily says. Ciel sighs and looks at the bath that was drawn for him. “Change into something clean and stay by me. As long as I’m with you things are fine right?” Ciel asks. “Yes my lord.” Lily says with a small bow. She dose as Ciel asks and stands behind him in the dining hall. The others noticed there was a missing person and they all ran to the young master’s room. They find a dead body and then head to the drawing room to talk.

          They talked about who was the last one to see Sebastian. “Lily when was the last time you saw him?” Ciel asks. Lily gives a small sigh as she puts her left hand up to her head. “The last time I saw Sebastian he was putting me to bed and telling me he was going to get things ready for today and that he….. then he…..” Lily trails off as she gentle touches her lips. Ciel nods and looks at the others as they keep talking. The queen’s butler looks at the ring on Lily’s hand. “When did you get that?” He asks as he points to the ring. Lily looks shocked then looks at her hand. “Sebastian asked me….” Lily started but began to cry again. Ciel hands her his handkerchief before looking at the others. “Sebastian asked Lily to marry him last night after I told him he could.” Ciel says. Lily gets a sympathetic look from Mr. Wordsmith. As the talking goes on Mr. Wordsmith is put in charge of everyone’s actions.

          When they go to see the dead bodies Ciel looks uncertainly at Lily. “I’m fine as long as I stay with you young master.” Lily says in a quiet tone answering Ciel’s unasked question. Ciel nods and offers her his arm. Mr. Wordsmith watches them careful and when they were halfway there stops. “Lily you should stay with the others.” Mr. Wordsmith says. Lily’s eyes flash dangerously and she pulls Ciel closer to her. “She will be fine. Let’s keep going.” Ciel says forcing them to keep moving. When they get there and see Sebastian is wet they talk about moving him and undressing him. Finny yells and is quickly silenced by Ciel. “Finny help Lily she looks like she might fall over.” Ciel says when he sees Lily begin to sway on her feet. Finny walks over and gently holds her up. She barriers her face into Finny’s shoulder when they start to search Sebastian. “Let’s go to his room and see if the key is there.” Mr. Wordsmith says.

          Finny and Bard admit that it was their first time in Sebastian’s room and it was only Ciel’s second time. “Lily how many times have you been in here?” Ciel asks. “A lot. I slept here with Sebastian when Soma was here. I should have made his bed when I got up. He always has it so nice.” Lily says before tears run down her face. “Lily your bleeding.” Finny says. Lily touches her face and sees blood. “I’m fine. Just do what you must but young master stay away from his wardrobe.” Lily says. He doesn’t listen to that and the kittens jump out of the wardrobe at him. They head back to the drawing room to tell everyone that their bags will be searched. They couldn’t find the key and the other servants rush outside in the rain to look for the key. Lily stays by Ciel who was shocked that the others ran off like that.