Hollis Mann

Gibbs P.O.V.
I pulled up to the crime scene and got out with my cup of black coffee in hand, but couldn't make myself get out. I take a moment and a long sip of coffee, before stepping out to check the scene. McGee is going to arrive shortly with Ducky and Palmer in tow, but I'd like to see her for myself first. My relationship with her was a little more than professional, ok a lot more than professional. I just didn't know that the last time we saw each other was going to be the LAST  time we saw each other.

    I flash my badge to the cop, who stands posted by the crime scene tape, and he nods me through. I walk up to the body laying on the ground, and pull back the sheet to see Hollis Mann. I get choked up, but don't let myself show my emotions easily. I put some gloves on and bend down to hold her hand just one more time. It's just so surreal that she's dead.

  McGee pulls up a couple minutes later, and I step up to go over to him, and right behind him is Ducky and Palmer in the ambulance.
   Palmer steps out first, with Ducky not far behind. Ducky is finishing up one of his famous stories about an autopsy he did as a young doctor. They all go over to the body and Ducky is the first to speak.

"Jethro... I'm so sorry.", he says quietly.