》Chapter Thirty-Eight.

Start from the beginning

Cold drops of sweat fall along my chest disappearing under my shirt, I grab the water bottle next to me and drink all the content in just two big sips. It's so hot I can barely manage to breathe. I stroll to the window and open it, glad to receive a bit of breeze. Some strands of hair move for the sweet touch of the wind and I enjoy a bit of calmness, feeling relaxed and in peace.

This until my eyes catch sight of a dark shape sheltered by the shadow of the night, not far from my window. I let out a loud scream and the shape startles, gasping too before moving his head out from inside his coat to look around.

''Fuck me, what is it?'' The familiar accent washes over me and I let my hand falling from my chest, recognizing the owner soon after.

''Harry!?"'' I lower my voice and catch my breath, not understanding what is he doing on my roof this late. This boy is a psycho.

''For God's sake what are you doing there?'' I try to keep my voice steady.

''Would you please stop shouting like a mad woman? Hell, you will wake everyone in the bloody neighbourhood. What does it look like?'' He asks acting offended and also annoyed. I would have found his play amusing, if I still wasn't too scared by the events of the day.

''It looks like you're mental and in need of help." I fire back causing Harry to look at me speechless. Then he clicks his tongue in disdain and crawls closer to my window so that I won't need to yell.

''I was just sleeping, didn't mean to break into your house and steal your 'expensive' porcelain tableware.'' He rhetorically states teasing me and I roll my eyes, sticking my head a bit more out to check if there's anyone else around. 

''How long have you been here?'' I change the subject and watch as Harry takes out a package of cigarettes, bringing one to his lips. God if it isn't the sexiest thing I've ever seen.

''Pretty much since I got out of your front door. I only waited for your mother to go to bed and climbed. I heard you crying in your sleep...'' he casually blurts out expecting an answer from the tone he used. As if this should explain why he was sleeping on my roof.

I decide to ignore the remark, changing the topic once again.

''Since when do you smoke?''

''I've started five years ago, more or less. It's not a habit, I can stop whenever I want, it just helps me when I'm stressed..'' He glances at me as the smell of smoke fills my lungs,making me coughing.

''It smells terribly.'' I joke and Harry laughs with the cigarette in between his teeth.

''Well, it tastes even worse if that can make you feel better.'' I grin and Harry goes to sit a bit further away from my window. He then pads the spot next to him with a quick wave of his head. I climb out and slowly proceed, Harry holds me by the wrists and helps me sitting next to him, carefully watching where I put my feet.

''It's freezing out here..'' I clumsily try to make conversation and Harry shrugs leaning against the wall.

''You're wearing just a short sleeves tee and even shorter shorts. I would not be surprised if you'd turn into a ice lolly the second I blink my eyes.'' I embrace my bare legs, staring at the sky. 

''You were making sure no one would get in my room again, weren't you?'' I hear Harry shifting, before something warm is placed on my shoulders.

Harry sits back and takes a long puff from his cigarette before throwing it away.

''Let's just say I had nothing better to do tonight, shall we?'' 

''We don't want to ruin your bad boy reputation now, do we Harold?'' Harry cackles, shaking his head truly amused and then falls silent again.