PROLOGUE

The prologue is dedicated to SimraToufeeque, who was the first person to read my book.

◾◾◾

Her soul was a monochromatic canvas,
And he covered it in lively colors with each stroke.

The epitome of the best art
The queen of ace
And the king of hearts
May we find solace
Till death do us apart.

-nxturnally

(Yep I wrote that, I don't know if it's worth stealing but yeah if you're stealing it just give me credit. Lol.)

▪▪▪

Evelyn Rhodes had taught herself not to trust anyone, not to hope, not to expect and not to feel anything.

She had taught herself to be emotionless. To be heartless.

She had built walls around her heart so that no arrow could penetrate through it.

And she managed to that peacefully, until he came along.

Wreaking havoc in her little world, making her walls tumble down, each brick pummeling down one by one like a stack of dominoes.

He was the drug she never thought would become an addiction.

He was a catastrophe but a beautiful one.

She hated him because she knew he'd play with her heartstrings but she let him.

She hated him because he made her get stuck in this dilemma of either loathing him or loving him.

But she hated him the most because she was afraid of falling in love with him.

▫▫