Chapter 6

Sorry this took so long, I've been fighting a really bad cold along with the headaches. Also it's why this is shorter than normal.

I groan as I open my eyes slowly, the promptly close them once they see the faint light of the moon shining into my room. So it's night, and the last thing I remember had it being night also so it could be only a few hours later or days...

From what I can remember, it was only a concussion that I chose to stubbornly ignore and make worse so I could have easily been out for...maybe a week. Judging by my stiff muscles, Im going to guess a week. Which makes it December 7th, only seventeen days until the anniversary if my guessing is correct.

I sit up slowly, rubbing my head. The headache is mostly gone, and there aren't any bandages around it anymore. So my concussion is mostly gone, awesome. Stiffly I stand up out of my bed, stretching to try and actual move without looking like a robot. My eyes are closed as I stretch, listening to the sounds around me. There are no audible voices so my family must either be being extremely quiet, they are in the Cave, or they are out of the house.

I open my eyes with a small smile creeping onto my face as I walk out of my room and towards the cave, the smile from the memory of when Dad first found out about my acute hearing.

It was quite funny, I essentially spoiled my ninth birthday present without meaning to. He was so surprised when I said what the gift was just before opening it, and he knew I had never saw it before hand. It was this make your own origami lights kit, he said it was to learn patience but I think he knew how bare my room was and how I so badly wanted to just decorate it to make it mine.

But it turns out, when I close my eyes and focus I can hear better than the normal person. No clue why, but Dad says that with practice I'll be able to do it without having to focus to much. All I know is that if it'll benefit us as crime fighters, I'll do anything to perfect this gift also...it'll make Dad really proud if I do.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and stop myself from diving into memories, since I just nearly ran into the grandfather clock. I open the secret door and walk down the stairs, deciding to call out for once for my family.

"Dad? Dick? Alfred?" I call and frown when the only response is the echo of my voice. They must be out, but let's check the uniforms. They could be out for some random reason in late afternoon..which would be odd..

I open the door to where Dad keeps his uniform and frown more when I see that it isn't there. Okay what is going on. As fast as I can I run to the Bat-Computer and try to locate my brother and father, just a sign, I'll take any sign of where they are.

Nothing, not a thing. Wait, there might not be a thing right now! There may be something from the days I've been out. I search through seven days worth of data to try and find something, and then I finally strike gold. Last night Dad sent out an emergency signal from some random warehouse near Crime Alley, then an hour after it started broadcasting it was cut short. But where is Dick??

Also I have no clue where Alfred is, he might have gone after Dad and gotten captured himself. I need to suit up and go help, like now! Let's just hope my concussion is pretty much gone, or this entire bat family will be gone. Heh, the Bat Family, I'll have to tell Dick about the name once I rescue them.

Quickly I suit up and go to jump onto my seemingly repaired motorcycle when I pause. What if I crash again? What if Im to late and he's dead? NO LILLA, DONT THINK LIKE THAT! Dad would come to the rescue no matter what, even if he died because of it. Anything for the mission.

Before I can jump onto my bike I hear Dick's voice, where was he?

"Dick?!"