Chapter 4

"Focus you two, in the field the villains won't hold back. Ever," Dad comments as he watches Dick and me fight. It's so nerve racking, to have Dad watch but I guess it is kinda necessary.

I flip over my brother and kick at his back, except he spins on his heel fast enough to grab my foot by my ankle. I land on my back with him still holding my foot and I groan.

Within a second of landing in my back, I use my free foot to hook onto and kick the back of his legs as I use my other foot to apply pressure to his upper body.

He only stumbles, but it is enough to have him let go of my foot and I roll to the side to avoid him grabbing me again. Quickly I stand, raising my fists in front of my face.

"Nice job," Dick comments as he straightens himself and smiles goofily.

"Was an aster move, wasn't it?" I joke as I relax, giggling.

"Totally sis, it was a total aster."

He walks over to me and punches my arm lightly, we both know the fight is over. Much to the frustration of Dad, though. He thinks we aren't taking this seriously, but it's hard to seriously fight my brother when we both are on equal terms.

"Do it again you two," Dad says exasperatedly, pinching the bridge of his nose. I swear, if he keeps pinching that part his nose will fall off eventually.

I shrug at Dick as we both take a step back away from one another, lifting our fists in front of our face. This reminds me of..no, no thoughts. Just focus on the fight Lilla.

Dick swings at me jaw quickly and I block it, grabbing the wrist of his other hand as he swings that one also and twist it. Now twist further and break it, I think out of the old habit I had. No, no I am not thinking of those lessons. Never again. Ever.

While I am momentarily distracted, which is a split of a second mind you, Dick is able to free his hand and pulls my legs out from under me. I land on my back, for the second time in ten minutes. This time Dick pins me to the floor, twisting my arms lightly as he presses down on them.

"Lilla, you know how to get out of that." Dad comments, which causes me to sigh. Right, it was one of the first things Dad taught us.

I smile sheepishly and look up at Dick, mouthing. 'Sorry.' Then I knee him, not to hard, in the groin and as he curls slightly in pain I push him off of me. My brother is whimpering as I pin him on his back, with one arm under his chest and me pressing his other arm into his back.

"Dirty move Lils," Dick grumbles, probably pouting against the floor.

"Sorry Dick." I get off of him and offer him a hand, which he takes and I help him stand.

Dad walks over, putting a hand on both mine and Dick's shoulder. Here comes the talk, the we are staying home alone so be safe talk. Or we are about to do another exercise before he goes out as Batman, since it is only eight pm.

"Nice job sparing you two, and Dick her move may have been dirty but in a fight it would have been the perfect opportunity for her to get away. Now, before I go out we are going to do one more exercise. You two are going to hide, and I am going to try and find you. The thing is, if I even hear you then you're out.

Both Dick and I tilt our head and in sync say, "Sooooo, hide and seek?"

Dad opens his mouth to speak then closes it, rubbing his hands together. "I guess that is another thing to call the exercise."