The Meeting.

As soon as I sat Niall down and made him some tea, I called Liam and Zayn and asked if they would be able come to my flat. Thankfully, they were not preoccupied and arrived ten minutes later. They immediately made their way over to a distressed Niall with worry evident on their faces. Questions automatically arose, but I waved them off as I finished mine and their drinks. Handing them over, I fell back and sunk into the couch. I looked at their expectant faces, and anxiety washed over me. Zayn was the first to speak.

"What happened tonight, Lou?"

Sighing, I set my mug down and pulled my knees to my chest as I recounted the night to my best friends. Every once in a while, I would see Niall out of the corner of my eye tense and hunch even more into himself. As I finished, I looked up to see disbelief on both the boy's faces.

"Look, I know I sound bat-shit crazy, but I swear I'm not lying," I said, "even ask Niall."

Liam glanced doubtfully at Zayn before looking back at me. Suddenly, I remembered something.

"Wait right here, I have something else." I said as I ran out the door and to my car. Unlocking the passenger side, I flipped up the center console and grabbed the weapon before locking up and rushing back inside. Taking my respectful spot on the couch, I sat the gun on the coffee table. Immediately all three boys leaned away from the machinery, terror flooding their eyes.

"Calm down, I'm not as stupid as you look," I said in hopes of easing the mood, "I won't shoot you." To prove my point, I held my hands beside my head in a surrender. Slowly, the tense air lifted and the boys grew curious.

"Woah, Louis how did you get this?" Zayn questioned, picking up the black object and inspecting it. Liam peered over his shoulder, just as investigative.

"I told you, someone slid it under the bathroom stall," I answered, "I never got to see who it was."

"Well, maybe you're supposed to figure it out. Look at this." Zayn said, pointing to the handle. I made my way around the coffee table and gently took the gun into my possession. Looking closely, I saw three letters engraved into the weapon.

"H.E.S." I breathed, running my thumb over the markings, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know mate, it seems like initials. Do you know anyone with those initials?" Liam questioned. Racking my brain for answers, I was frustrated when I came up with none. Shaking my head, I asked Niall and Zayn if they had. We all came up empty, unfortunately.

"What am I meant to do now? I don't even have a gun license! If someone finds out, I'm going to jail!" I said anxiously. I put my head down through my arms and struggled to breathe.

"Woah, mate chill. I do. I'll hold it for you. As long as nobody asks for papers on purchasing it, we're safe." Zayn replied, setting the gun back onto the coffee table. I thanked him, and laid my head back on the couch. What do I do now?

"Alright lads, we're gonna head back. Call us if you need anything, okay?" Liam said while standing up. Thanking them again, I waited until I heard the door close before turning to Niall.

"Hey, you okay?" I inquired. Shaking his head, I pulled him into a hug. Expecting him to cry or show any sort of emotion, I was surprised when he went limp in my arms. I immediately panicked, looking down to find him asleep. Sighing, I laid him back onto the couch and grabbed extra blankets to tuck him in. I shut off the lights and made my way into the bedroom, stripping down to my briefs and huddling under the covers. I knew I wasn't sleeping tonight, but it's worth a shot.

Hi lovely people, thanks for continuing to give "Killer Instinct" some of your time. I hope you enjoy. Love you all.x