Invasion.

I was stiff. The shock had temporary control over my limbs and all I could do was stare at the scrawlings on the back of the stall door. Deciphering the words was a funny joke; I couldn't even sort my own thoughts.

Suddenly, a muffled cry is carried through the bathroom door followed by a ruckus I could only describe as foreign. Violence has never been part of my life before, but I had a feeling that I would face it firsthand in a matter of seconds. Shaking off my dazed state, I scooped up the weapon and held it in my shaking hands while running my eyes over the firearm. I never had learned to properly fire a gun, but I guess you have to start sometime. Clumsily, I checked if it was loaded. Two bullets. Make it count.

Carefully, I slid the gun into the waistband of my chinos with the handle sticking out for easier access. Peaking through the crevice in the stall door, I made sure the coast was clear before silently stepping out and approaching the bathroom door. Another bang echoed off the walls of the bathroom and I slowly peeledthe door open. The scene that unraveled before my eyes was alarming.

Three armed beings were rounding up the population of the bar, all the while talking in a foreign dialect. They had concealed their faces with black masks, but I could still see that they were not human. They were giants; at least nine feet tall. You could see the outline of horns protruding from under the black material. Plus, they simply moved with more grace and efficiency that humans could only fantasize about. In less than ten seconds, the whole bar was sectioned off into three groups; one masked animal in charge of each. I saw Niall crouched in the furthest possible corner away from me, all signs of intoxication gone. I reeled away the oncoming tears as hopelessness overwhelmed me. I was ready to give myself up. I don't know how to fire a gun. I don't know how to properly carry out tactics. Shutting the door, I pressed my hands up against my face and slid down the wall. I can't do this.

Realizing my desperation, I mentally prepared myself to meet my death. Slowly coming to a standing position, I reached to open the door when I heard a stressed grunt and whistling wind as if something were flying. Confusion etched into my features as I once again opened the door to find a black silhouette rushing around the room at the speed of light. Trying to follow it with my eyes, I watched as it pushed one beast into a wall. Gathering my courage, I rushed out and blindly shot down another as it came crashing towards me. One point for Tommo.

The shadow took down the last one with a head-on collision. This sparked an explosion of blinding light and when it died down, all four figures were gone. People were distressed; rushing out the door with sobs emitting from their mouths. Shoving the gun back into my waistband, I herded through the heap and yanked a crying Niall from the ground. His blue eyes searched mine as I checked for any injuries. Realizing he was unscathed, he didn't resist as I pulled us onto the open street. Taking his hand, I started sprinting to the direction of my car. As we seated ourselves, I wasted no time pulling out and speeding back to my flat.

The radio was playing a soft melody, but it was just background noise along with Niall's sniffles. As much as I needed to spill out my thoughts, there were more questions than answers and I wasn't quite ready to find the solutions. Niall didn't move; he seemed paralyzed in the passenger seat. His eyes stayed glued to the oncoming concrete moving under the tires while wet tears rolled down his flushed cheeks. I pitied the boy; that must've been worse for him than it could've ever been for me. But at the same time, I wanted to crash in on myself and hide in fear. But, as always, I assumed the role of the "responsible adult" and bottled my fear as I pulled into the flat parking lot. So much for tonight.

Hello again ! I'm so happy you've made it here in my story. I just want to thank you for that, your support makes me so incredibly happy and I hope my best work satisfies your entertainment needs. I love you. x