try outs

I ran into the locker room as fast as I could. I had to be quick, the boys changed really fast, and I wanted to beat them to the court so I could talk to coach Simmons about joining the team. opening my gym locker, I pulled out my sports bra, practice jersey , and basketball shorts. After putting them on quickly, I slipped on my skyline basketball socks and ran out of the locker room, duffle bag in hand. 

 The coach probably thought that I was crazy, considering the fact that I was running down the court with out my shoes on, and on top of that, I was wearing my basketball stuff even though my team was cut today. 

"Can I help you Hazel?" he questioned, looking at my appearance. I still hadn't gotten the chance to put my hair up into my usual high pony tail for practice, which slightly irritated me. 

"i'm about to ask you something absurd, but please keep an open mind to this question." judging by the way he looked at me, he had an idea of what I was about to ask. 

"And what would this absurd question be?"

"Can I try out for the boys basketball team. Its only a month into the season so it wouldn't be to hard to learn the plays, and I have more plays to give you if we needed something different. Plus, i'm tall for a girl, so I could be a high post or something. Please just let me do one practice."

He looked over at me with pondering eyes, considering my proposal for a little bit before he shook his head. "you're crazy, you know that right. Why would you want to hang out with those arrogant boys everyday AND on weekends."

"The answers simple. I love basketball, and I refuse to  have it taken away from me with out a fight. I love it to much to give it up coach. All i'm asking for is one practice to show you what I can do. Just one." 

 He sighed. "Okay, lets see what you've got. But, were still conditioning today. I'll just have to cut it in half." he trailed off, planning a practice that would challenge me, and show him how capable I am. "You do have shoes though, right?"

I laughed and grabbed them from my bag, holding them up, but wrinkled my nose when I smelt them. Coach laughed "God, they smell just as bad as the boys!" 

I walked over to the bench and started putting my shoes on, lacing them up tightly so they wouldn't fall off during a drill. Heavy foot steps began to fill the gym. As I looked up, I saw the boys filing in, Blake walking ahead of every one. He had a angry expression on his face, I had a feeling of why it was there. 

A whistle echoed through out the gym, and I saw all the guys walking over towards the base line with basketballs in there hands. I ran over to them with my basketball in hand. Every one stared at me as I stopped at the base line, copying what they were doing, which was standing in 3 groups  in a single file line. 

"Alright guys, Hazel will be joining are practice today. Since she's joining us, only half of our practice will be conditioning, the other half will be going through our plays. Understood?" 

"Yes coach." They all side in unison. That wasn't weird. (note my sarcasm.)

"Coach, she can't practice with that ball." What? because I used it when I was on the girls team. 

"Your right, its to small. You have to get used to the mens sized ball if you want to join the team." he said, tossing me a ball out of his bag. 

"Wow, this thing is huge!" I exclaimed, rotating it around in my hands, trying to get a feel for it. I'm not gonna lie, it would be hard. 

"That's what she said" Kyle yelled loud enough for the whole team to hear. In result, every one started laughing.I take that back, everyone was practically howling.  How mature.

"You wish I said that to you" I replied back lazily, still focused on the basketball.

The team started laughing even harder. Last year me and Kyle went out, and yes,we did 'do it'. obviously, it didn't work out between us, because he cheated on me. Over the year, i have forgiven him, but I sure as hell would never get back with him. I had been a wreck for weeks when I found out.  Kyle shot me a glare, then got in line for the drill we were about to do, which was a dribbling drill.I smirked in victory.  

"Alright, cross overs, go!" coach yelled. 

The boys in the front of the line started, crossing it back and forth between there right and left hand. Once they reached half court, the second person in line went, so on. This drill wasn't to hard, but it would have been much easier with a women's ball. 

We did spin moves, behind the back, in between the legs, and hesitation dribbles. They were all hard due to the massive ball I had in my hands. I still hadn't gotten use to handling it yet, but by the end of practice, I should be fine. 

As I went to do my final in between the leg move, The ball slipped  from my hand flew beside me. I was prepared to go grab it, but it was handed back to me by the devil him self.  

"having trouble?" Blake said in a baby voice, making fun of me.

"Nope. Just slipped, that's all."

The rest of the practice was conditioning, with a few drills in between. To say this was hard would be an under statement. My whole body ached by the time it was over, and My breathes were extremely heavy and uneven. 

"Huddle Up!" Blake yelled. 

every one gathered in a circle, looking at him. "Okay guys, as you know, I'm not in charge of who gets put on the team, so if SHE makes it, which I doubt, I don't want to hear any complaints. Were going to treat her like everyone else." A smirk crossed his face, telling me he had some kind of evil plan for me. "Now go shower." 

I started heading towards the bathroom when the coach stopped me. My breathes were still uneven, but they were now beginning to become normal again.

"You did good today. Its impressive how fast you adapted to the mens size. I want you to join the team, but I'm putting you in a different position, so I expect hard work from you. Got it."

"Yes coach" I smiled, hugging him briefly before running into the locker room. I picked up my phone and sent  quick text to Liam.

Guess who the new member of the boys team is.

He responded quickly,

Guess its time to celebrate with my boss ass friend.

I laughed. That made absolutely no sense. I quickly changed and went home, the thought of eating something making me extremely happy.  When ever me and Liam 'celebrated' we went out for burgers. Yes, partying wasn't really my thing. I've only gone to a couple of team parties, and only one of them had alcohol. Long story short, I woke up the next morning with Kyle. Its sad that I met my horrible ex drunk, I know, trust me. 

Walking out to my car, I saw the boys all gathered around my parking spot, laughing. Oh no, this wasn't going to be good. I've been on the team 20 minutes and they already started pranking me. Fantastic.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, approaching my car as fast as I could before any more damage could be done.

"Were decorating." Blake smirked.

When I saw my car, my mouth instantly dropped open. It was covered in whipped creme and eggs. They also attached some not so welcoming phrases on the front windshield in bright red lip stick, which was our schools main color. Once everything really sunk in, I scoffed. 

"You guys want a war, I'll give you one." I reply calmly, taking a tissue out of my purse and put a dot of hand sanitizer on it, wiping down my windshield, cleaning the vulgar message off

I sat in the drivers seat, every one still watching me put the keys into my dark blue Jetta. They parted when I started to pull out of my space. I guess me and Liam are going to be spending our 'celebrating' time cleaning my car. Dang, I was really hungry to....

******************

So what do you guys think of the second chapter? By the way, the guy up top is Blake. If you think I should change the actor your welcome to put suggestions in the comments.