Titanium (a Fullmetal Alchemist short story)

Song: Titanium
By: David Guetta ft. Sia
Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/davidguetta/titanium.html

TITANIUM

Running.

That's all Edward Elric can think of.

Running.

He's been separated from his brother, Alphonse Elric, thanks to the military. They gave him a stupid mission to find and kill some Hummunculus, and now he can't find Al. Al ran away after he and Ed had a fight.

~~~~~

"Why are we trying to find this Hummunculus?" Al asks as we talking down the road.

"Because Colonel Basturd wants us to, now pick up the pace," Ed answers.

Al starts to walk faster, catching up to his brother.

"Brother, I don't think we should do this," Al says.

Ed stops in his tracks and turns to face Al.

"Why not?" Ed urges, his anger growing.

"You could get hurt. I'm just worried about you. How about you stay here, and I'll go? Alone," Al suggests.

"No, I'm not risking it. I don't want to lose you. What happens if your blood seal breaks? I couldn't forgive myself if something ever happened to you," Ed objects.

"But, brother! Your weak from your last battle!" Al says.

"I'm fine," Ed says. Al sighs as the two start walking again, but Ed collapses to the ground, clutching his chest.

"Brother, you're not doing this," Al orders as he kneels next to Ed.

Ed whips his head towards Al.

"Y-yes, I am! Sh-shut up, Al! Y-you might as well just r-run away, you're a-annoying me!"

Ed gasps as soon as those words escape his mouth.

Al gasps, too. He stands up and immediate stars to run away.

"Al, w-wait! I-I didn't-" Ed starts, but he soon stars coughing. The rain outside causes him to shiver.

With all his strength, he stands up and runs, looking for Al.

~~~~~

Now he has to find Al.

He just has to.

Ed stops in an alley.

"Al?!" Ed shouts Ashe frantically whips his head around, looking for his dear brother.

"B-brother?" a small voice calls out.

"Al!" Ed yells and runs in a house where the voice had come from.

Ed smiles as he looks around the room.