"So, you fought him?"

"To protect your mate?" Xavier asks, probably trying to defend him subtly.

"Yes. She is my first priority, above everything." He tells me, grabbing Olivia's hands.

"My brother has been coming to this school for two years. He had never had any problems. None. Then you come along and beat him mercilessly." Anger and adrenaline rush through my veins. "My brother and I came here to live peacefully and to get a good education. Yes, we are rogues, but only because there is no pack around here." The Beta looks down at the ground, ashamed.

"My apologies Annachi." We connect eyes.

"I understand your need to protect your mate, when Ryot came in here. It's an instinct I've seen quite a lot, in this night alone, although he's an overprotective asshat." Xavier shoots me a glare. "He tortures rogues that cross his land, purposely. You tricked me into going over into your land, using friendship. You had no right to get me tortured."

"It was a mistake." Xavier mumbles.

"We can talk about that later." Waving him off, I don't break eye contact with Noah. "Please, do not ever do that again. Becuase all you have gained from this is humiliation, a telling off and the knowledge that you have broken a friendship. Oh and let's not forget the trust issues, I will forever have with you."

"Olivia didn't know that you weren't dangerous. I put the idea in her mind, that you were, well, dangerous and we just wanted to talk with you."

"You're not really helping with the trust thing." I warn him.

"I know." He nods. "But I would like Olivia to have her friendship back. In positions where she needs help, I would like the knowledge that someone strong is here to help."

"Of course, I will always protect her, but our friendship will take time." I tell him, turning to the boys. "Can you please help me take Ryot back to his dorm?" My friends rush forward immediately, all lifting him up. Nodding to Noah and Olivia, I exit my dorm with the boys, Xavier included, carrying Ryot.

"Holy hell, what does this dude eat?" Caleb groans, making Dan smirk and open his mouth.

"Don't." I say, pointing a finger at him.

"What?" Dan replies. "I was just going to say that he likes eating cake." Rolling my eyes, we trudge forward. "And puss-ay."

"Whoop there it is." Flynn smirks. I'm pretty sure my mate did most of the lifting, but nevertheless, the boys are exhausted as they set Ry on his bed.

"You hardly did any of the work." I say to Dan, when he flops down onto hiss bed.

"I'm a law student, not a fucking athlete." He breaths.

"Xavier did most of the lifting anyway!" The two other boys flop down onto the floor, while my mate stands politely. "I'll be right back. Make sure he keeps breathing." I order, then turn around and grab the large Alpha's hand and lead him out the door. I feel shock flow through the mate link, before happiness overpowers it and he tightens his hold on my hand.

Mates are a difficult thing. They may make you as mad as anything, or even break your heart, but there is always an undying love for them, under everything.

Tonight, Xavier has hurt me, mad me mad and sad, but I still feel infatuated with him and I feel safe with him around.

Unfortunately, I also feel incredibly horny.

When we were running to my dorm, his muscles bulged through his shirt and his erection bulged through the front of his pants. Even while carrying Ryot to his dorm, the way everything flexed was magnificent.

Tomorrow, my heat will start. My body will be like a magnet to all men. From what I've seen tonight, he's very possessive and I doubt he'll ever let another man touch me. I'm surprised he's leaving me here! As soon as we reach his car, I start talking.

"Thank you for everything." I start. "I mean, not the torturing and stuff, but with Ryot. Thanks." Awkwardly, I shuffle on my two feet, making me let out a deep chuckle.

"You look like you need to pee." He jokes, a smile forming on his beautiful face and it almost knocks the breath out if me. It's addictive too. Seeing him smile, the big bad Alpha, it makes you smile back widely.

Why am I smiling? He was horrible to us!

"I'm just cold." I lie. A personality trait I picked up from Ryot, is stubbornness. There's no way I'm going to submit to this Alpha and tell him, he makes me nervous. Love is earned. Instantly, he turns around, opening his door and digging around for something. He pulls out a large hoodie and slips it over my head.

"Is this warm enough?" Xavier asks, worried. In truth, the dark blue hoodie is drowning me. It looks around me and the sleeves come down past my hands.

Flappy hands!

"Oh, thank you. Won't you need it?" I ask him, pulling up the sleeves.

"I have more. Plus, I like you wearing my clothes. People will know you're mine." My mate smirks. Sighing, I play with the bottom of his hoodie.

"We didn't exaclty start off the best." I murmer.

"I know Baby. I promise I'll make it up to you. We can go as slow as you want." He promises.

"Thank you Xavier. So, are you just going to let me stay here?" I ask.

"Well, you promised to call me everyday and I trust you to not do anything bad, so yeah." He nods.

"Space and trust. I'm already starting to like you." Xavier's smile hits me again, harder. His smile is larger. This time, it isn't because I was acting funny, it's because I made him smile. It hits harder, knowing I caused it and I love causing it.

"I already like you too." Xavier grins. We stare ast each other, our smiles directed at each other and our eyes connected. The pull has started.

And it's strong.