The vampire the witch and i chapter 2

"RUN" Chris screamed at me his teeth elongating to needle points, his eyes were wild with fury.

"im not leaving you" i cried doging a jet of golden flames. behind us the hunter swore, his wings raised as if to take flight.

he hovered for a moment or two in the air calcualting. the room started to shake my fury spread through my body like a drug consuming everything insight. despereratly i tried to channel the anger directing it at the strangers head.

with a loud thud he flew into the wall, smoke seemed to simmer from his ruby wings. the stranger hissed in fury, his eyes drooping.

"come on" chris growled grabbing my waist he hoisted me over his shoulder as if i weighed no more than a rag doll.

"christopher andrews put me down this instant"i screamed kicking his chest, my fists could find no purchase against his hard chest. grunting he grabbed my wrists with one hand, before darting out the door.

i would have screamed if the breath had not been knocked out of me. trees flew past us in an impossible speed, tears clouded my vision.my eyes stung as a harsh wind wipped around my face.

"chris please stop" i begged, i could feel his thundering heart beneath my palm, his skin radiated a deadly chill. i shivered once, the tears flowing freely down my cheeks. it was the sob in my throat that brought reason back to his thoughts, he dropped me to my feet, we were in a forest clearing about two miles from the house.

It just wasnt possible. i stared in horror at his pointed teeth, then at my own glowing palms. my eyes sparkled with power i could taste the magic in my mouth. the hot swell of power trickling into my system saturating every fibre of my being. i was changing growing, i risked a quick glance at chris he was bent over a log crying out in pain and i knew he could feel it to.

Chapter 3. the chase

Hell and damnation! theyd escaped. i hissed under my breath fire licked around the edgess of my vision. walls blazed like a roaring inferno. i had a job to do.

step 1. remove all evdience.

i stood back allowing myself to wallow in mild satisfaction. they had no where to run.

i grimaced one more in pain the little witch packed a powerfull kick.

my mission was clear now it was just a case of finding them. i shifted my footing on the earth, my strong eyes could make out the boys slight imprints upon the earth.

A flash of mahogny hair darted through my mind, i stood there entranced. like a snake before it charmer. her green eyes seemed to question why?

why indeed? i wondered wrly. I was used to hunting murderers, always sure of my convictions i wasted no sleepless nights at the thought of there blood upon my blade.

so why should one girl shake the very foundations of my beliefs?

They had no knowledge of there powers. they were...innocent. the word tasted wrong on my tongue somehow, untried.

it was those eyes i deicded feverishly they seemed to burn like a green inferno, sparking with power and lust. i shivered once. twice. great shuddering breaths the girl literaly took my breath away. my hearts seemed lost for over a hundred years. never seeing always moving. i lived in darkness, never feeling it was easier this way. less painfull. but this was different it felt like my heart was taken.

Having trouble are we? a silent voice ran through my mind. Trixie i growled under my breath. the little nymph. my face was filled with a picture of her elfin face red spikes framed a slanted face, in a wild dissaray. i saw her perched at the steps of midnight gun in hand, a wicked smile formed its way across her lips.

need a hand? she purred provocatively. i grimaced nymphs were known for the seductive ways. they were like a succubus they gained strength from the love or in some cases lust of others.

Trixie being part witch however, meant that her power took a more sinister twist. unlike nymphs who can easily seduce there pray trixie could manipulate the body through touch alone. she could also read project her thoughts into the unwilling victims.

i shivered once more, and thanked my stars not for the first time that she was on the side of good. or at least that was what id been trying to convince myself of late. i guided a hand through my unruly hair snarling under my breath.

im fine i mentaly shouted. i caught a breif flash of trixies retreating form.

ughh i sighed in discust was i developing a conscience?

"Chris?" i questioned tentatively, his body trembled. his brow beaded with fresh sweat, no doubt from our earlier sprint.

"what can i do?" i demanded my hands falling helplessly to my lap.

Chris raised his blue eyes to my own he reached out and gingerly brushed a tear from my eyes.

"be still" he whispered drawing me into his arms. my bottom lip trembled.

I tried to blink away the fresh tears that threatend to show. my eyes glowed a bright green in the mourning sun.

"look at me" he commanded. i sighed i could not deny him anything. our eyes clashed and held.

"i will not let anything happen to you" he vowed silently rocking me backwards and forwards. whether to ease his own fears or my own i wasnt sure. i just allowed my self to savour his embrace, he smelled faintly of pine trees and clean soap.

"whats happening to us?" i cried my breathing hitched iny throat. his arms held me all the tighter.

"i dont know" was his humble reply. I bit back the sob that i knew would exspose my fear i had to be strong. for him.

"URGG" he groaned. my hands fluttered uselessly to his shoulders and i hoped in vain that he would be alright.

his left hand shot up and pinned my hand there. jolts of electricty shot up my arm.

i suddenly felt giddy, my heart thudded out its eratic beat.

"chris whats wrong" i pleaded my brows creased with worry.

"you smell so good in the mourning" he whispered. his lips barely an inch from my own.

"chris i dont understand" i mumbled patheticaly. as his lips descended and captured my own.

This kiss was nothing like the feather like touch i remember. for indeed there was nothing childlike about it.

Chrises kiss was born of a hungry passion, part desperation part possesion. my lips held there own embracing in this vivid dance of wills.

my arms seeming to move of there own accord. they tried to form an iron cage around him, trying to preserve the moment. i sighed blissfully against his arms. chris growled in satisfaction, deepening the kiss. My body gently moulded itself to his firm frame his right hand moved to my waist stroking my wispy tendrils of hair.

"you dont know how long iv waited for this" he groaned holding me tighter still. i managed to mumble an incoherrent reply. my breathing wild.

his pointed teeth nibbled my lip, i couldnt stop the involuntry shiver that racked my body. chris captured my lips once more. my hands tangled themselves in his hair, the strands seemed like pure silk beneath my touch.

"what are you doing to me?" i whispered, slightly dazed. Chris drew back for a moment then his eyes slightly unfocused, his lips were swollen and i lightly fingered my own in response.

Swearing softly Chris shot up and i tumbled to the ground with a small thud.

"chris" i pleaded my hand reaching out for his own. his eyes flashed a luminous silver, his teeth more pronounced in the suns fiery rays.

"dont touch me" he warned his breathing stilled.

i knew he could taste my fear in the air. i knew he could see the heated crimson flush spread across my once pale cheek, hear the uneven beat of my heart fusing my body with blood. just as i now knew that chris was a vamire and he hungered for my blood.