chapter six

Okay. What is the proper reaction to this...Oh yeah! What THE FUCK. You screamed in your mind after leaving Natalie's room. What you wanted to know was how she knew about the people who had broken into your apartment, and how she knew you had been "targeted"...

Maybe she is one of them, Casper whispered into your ear.

"Yeah right... I doubt it. I don't think she would kill her own family or inflict so much harm on herself..." You stated quickly, dismissing the idea as it terrified the crap out of you. After all, the thought of a fifteen-year-old girl massacring her whole family and dogs then turning the knife on herself would scare the shit out of anyone else who was sane. You shivered at the mere thought of the knife's sharp blade going in and out of Natalie's parents, slicing their stomachs open, exposing their light pink intestines while blood splattered on the wall--

You jumped again when a hand suddenly clamped down on your shoulder, feeling your heart catch into your throat.

"(Name), are you alright?" Naja's voice reached your ears, causing you to slump in relief.

Until you saw her appear down the hall.

You froze again, feeling your breathing hitch as the one who had grabbed you shushed you while sticking something to your back. You felt them let go of your shoulder before hearing footsteps echo through the hall.

You quickly whirled around, only to see...

No one there.

You stared at the empty hall in disbelief while grabbing the paper attached to your back.

You really need to be more observant.
The symbol from the message on your table was roughly drawn in pen to the bottom.

"Hey (Name)... whatcha got there?" You lifted your head up at the sound of Naja behind you. Stuffing the note into your shirt, you quickly turned around, having a carefree smile on your face.

"Oh... Nothing to worry about."

~~**~~

For the rest of your shift, you felt like someone was watching you the whole time. But whenever you looked over your shoulder, no one was there.

Needless to say, this caused you to jump whenever someone walked up to you without you noticing (which was quite often). You began to act more cautious, turning whenever you heard a noise that stood out to you. Whenever someone questioned what had you so jumpy, you would smile like you had no cares in the world (yeah right) and simply say you were just tired. It didn't make sense to a lot of people, but they stopped questioning you after a deep foreboding aura came from around you.

When it was time for your shift to end, you were terrified to go home alone. Yet, if you said this to anyone, it would make you sound... how should I say this... desperate to get someone in your pants. You slowly signed out to signal you had left the hospital, slowly walked to the doors, slowly walked down the sidewalk towards the bus stop, and slowly sat down. (Did I mention you did all of this SLOWLY?!)

Suddenly, an idea popped into your head. You picked up your phone and clicked on a contact. It began ringing, and soon a male voice came through.

"Hello? Eren here."

"Hey Eren, it's (Name)."

"(Name)? Hey! How are you?" Your friend responded curiously.

"Uhrmmm... Hey, can I spend the night over there with you and Benico? I don't wanna go home right now."

"Oh, uh, sure? But what's wro--"

"I'll tell you when I get there. Bye!" You quickly hung up the phone before he could ask anymore questions. The bus pulled up and you headed on, quickly paying for the ride before heading to an empty seat in the back.

~~**~~

"Hey, (Name), you're here!" Eren grinned as he gave you a side hug.

"Uh, yeah," you slowly responded, patting his back. Benico poker faced and pulled Eren off of you. "Eren, you're creeping the (girl/boy) out."

"Sorry (Name). It's just been a long time." Eren shrugged. You shook it off and smiled at the two. Benico moved himself and the slightly tsundere boy aside so you could go inside. You quietly thanked him and sat down on the couch. Unbeknownst to you, the paper slipped out of your shirt and landed near Eren's feet. He quickly picked it up and read it. "Uh... (Name)?"

You glanced over your shoulder, only to see Eren and Benico staring at you with wide brown and blue eyes. Eren showed you the note (which was slightly crumpled from being in your shirt), quietly asking with a glare, "Why do you have this note?"