"That's what I thought." I say and he rolls his eyes, smiling.

We sit in silence and enjoy our drinks. I examine my new 'friends'. Chloe dresses and speaks like my grandma. Flora acts like she's never had a social interaction in her life. Eliot carries around a backpack with cats on it and is a member of the chess club. And Daniel is just Daniel, arrogant and obnoxious.

"I need to take you guys somewhere fun." I say. "You guys need to live a little, have some fun."

They all stare at me blankly except Danny, who looks offended.

"Um, excuse me? I need to live a little?" He scoffs.

"Not you Danny boy. These kids." I gesture to Flora, Chloe and Eliot.

"Oh. Yeah." He says and takes out his phone, leaving the conversation once again.

"Living sounds dangerous." Eliot says.

"Yeah. It also seems like it would involve social interaction and I'm not about that life." Flora says and I laugh.

"Yeah." Chloe says quietly and nods her head in agreement.

"We don't have to go to a party. We could just do something cool." I says, think over the options in my head.

"ROAD TRIP!" Danny shouts, making us jump.

"Geez. Calm down." I put my hand on his shoulder and he shrugs away. "That would be a pretty short road considering we have, I don't know, to go to school?" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Actually," Chloe speaks up. "It's Thanksgiving weekend so we get two extra days." She says.

"ROAD TRIP!" Danny yells in my face.

"For real? Are we really doing this?" Flora asks and they all look to me, besides Daniel who is dancing around the library.

I stand up from my chair and smile. "Call your parents kids. We're going on a road trip." I smirk.

"YAY!" Danny yells. He stands up on his chair and does a somersault off.

"You're an idiot." I tell him.

"Back at 'cha babe." He says and kisses my cheek, to which I gag.

"Go call your parents kids." I say to the group.

"My parents will be fine with it. They'll be happy to get rid of me." Chloe says.

"Same." Flora says and takes out her phone.

"Mine will take some convincing." Eliot says and runs his hand through his hair.

ELIOT'S POV

I wheel myself into the hallway to call Susan. She answers before the second ring.

"Eliot? What's wrong?" She answers.

"Wha-Nothing. Nothing, I'm fine. I need to ask you something." I say.

"Okay, what is it?"

"The, uh, chess club is going to a competition this long weekend to compete for a national um title." I lie.

"This weekend? It's Thanksgiving Eliot." I hear the disappointment in her voice and know I need to step it up.

"Please Susan. These are my friends and I don't want to let them down. Please let me do this."

She sighs. "I mean, I guess. Fine, you can go. Be safe please, call me every night." She says.

"I will. Thanks you so much. I'll be home in five to pack some stuff. Bye." I say, smiling.

"Bye."

I go back into the library where the group is talking destinations.

"I can go." I say.

"Same!" Flora exclaims.

"Me too." Chloe says.

"ME THREE!" Danny squeals.

"Okay, what are you on?" Celia asks and he frowns. "Tone it down a bit please." She says and he pouts.

"So who's gonna drive?" I ask.

"Who can drive?" Chloe asks.

"Me." Celia says. "And me." Daniel raises his hand.

"That's it?" I ask.

"Guess we'll be doing lots of driving." Celia says to Daniel and he nods his head.

We stand around for a bit, soaking in all that's happening. Especially our new friendship. We're probably the least likely of people to become friends yet here we are planing a little road trip together. This is so weird. To fit in and have friends that want to hang out and fun. It's awesome actually.

We decide to take Daniel's car because Celia's pickup is too small for the five of us. Daniel drove to our houses so we could pack of bag of some extra clothes and other things we need. I said goodbye to Susan and Molly, not David because he wasn't home yet.

Chloe didn't even say goodbye. She crawled through her bedroom window (her room is on the first floor of the house) and crawled out with her stuff. Flora was stuck talking to her parents for about 15 minutes before they let her out of the house.

Now we're on the highway, driving and talking. Celia's has the radio turned up and is singing along in the passenger seat while Daniel drives. Flora, Chloe, and I are playing 'Would You Rather' in the backseat of the car. Celia throws us two bags of chips and three cans of pop.

"Let's do this!"

***

A/N: Yo yo yo! It's another update! yayayay! Guuuuuuyyys, this story almost has 4k reads. WUUUT? I went back and read the first chapter and I just don't understand how you kept reading! I'm gonna have to do some editing on that one cause it's just so funny and cheesy and ya, but that's ok cause it was baby Book Club xD! I'm sorry, I'm rambling!

Anyway, massive thanks to everyone who reads this story and votes and leaves me lovely comments!! This is insane to me that so many people enjoy this book! AHH! I'm getting so many really nice messages and it just makes me so happy so thank you so much!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! See you soon!! <3