Precautions.

The din of the bar was deafening. I thought I would grown accustom to the ringing in my ears as this was the third bar we've been to tonight, but no such luck for me. I had lost Niall a while back to a blonde haired girl that slid her way over and pulled him to the dance floor. Liam and Zayn had left an hour after we had arrived; claiming to feel tired and wanting to "call it a night". Yet, we all knew what was going down back at their flat.

I swiveled in my bar stool as I waited for time to pass. Only another hour of this and I would grab Niall and ditch this place; it was too dense for me. I've never suffered from any type of claustrophobia, but the fear of being yanked out and into an alley way was slowly taking control of my thoughts. Too much risk here.

I hadn't touched the shot placed in front of me. The bartender claimed it was "on the house", but money wasn't the issue. I had assumed the role of the responsible adult for the night, and I wasn't ready to blow that. Niall was subconsciously counting on me to get him home safely; seeing that he was too intoxicated to drive (or walk, really. Leave it to the Irish one.) Instead, I carefully sipped from a glass of ice water while slyly watching the entrance of the bar. This was our first time coming to this place, and it seemed to hold a strange aura. Like, anxiety and paranoia. Or, maybe someone spiked my water. You never know.

Sliding off the leather seat, I maneuvered my way through the mess of sweaty bodies while looking for the restroom. I was being knocked around and jostled all over the place, and I never had been more grateful to see a florescent 'mens' sign in the far corner. Pushing past the mass, I opened the door and headed for the stalls. In places like this, I never trust open urinals. Too much exposure, honestly. I chose the last one and slipped in, giving the bathroom another once-over before completely hooking the latch.

Gratefully, it seemed as if I was the only one in there. Yet, my paranoia was still hauntingly evident. Finishing, I pulled up my chinos and lifted a foot to flush the toilet. Turning, I reach out to unlatch the stall door when a loud clatter rings through the bathroom. With wide eyes, my eyes shift to the floor as I see a sleek black handgun rattle to a stop on the tiles. In the moment, the music stops and all I can hear is the sound of the figure outside the door breathing.

"Here, you're going to need it".

Hello ! Thank you for reading the first chapter of my story "Killer Instinct". All feedback is highly appreciated. Stay beautiful, loves. x