Chapter Eight: This Was Now War

Começar do início

I yawned, as I leaned back on the table, with my hand wrapped around the handle of my suitcase.

Sana was awake and alive, on the other note. She smiled, as she kept rocking back and forth.

"How do you have so much energy?" I asked her, with my eyes half-closed.

I was most definitely not a morning person.

Sana shrugged, as she continued to rock back and forth.

"Good morning, my travelers! So today is the day we board the plane to London! I know it early, but that's just how life goes." Ms. Jane said, as she smiled excitedly at us.

It was 5 a.m. Yeah, it was pretty early. Being awake at this hour, I was going to be extremely cranky.

"So is anyone missing?" She asked, as she looked around. "Is Garrett here?"

We all shook our heads simultaneously.

"He's coming right?" She asked, looking at her watch.

No one answered her.

"I guess we wait for him for a couple of minutes, and if he doesn't come, we will leave him."

I was pretty sure Garrett wasn't going to show up. I mean it was Garrett, he never does anything

Suddenly, the door opened and there walked in Garrett, with his suitcase and his bored look on his face. Let's be honest here, he always had a bored look on his face.

"There you are!" Ms. Jane said, as she sighed in relief. "Now out we go to the bus to go to the airport!"

We all scrambled out of the classroom to the bus. I took the seat next to Sana, obviously.

"I'm so excited!" She said. "I love the atmosphere of airports and airplanes."

I nodded in agreement. "If only it weren't 5 a.m, I would be a bit more enthusiastic," I said, as I rested my head on the back of the seat in front of ours.

"Come on, Nafisa, lighten up!" She said.

Ms. Jane started to give a list of instructions on what to do when we get there.

"Understood?" She finally said, as she finished her long list.

We all nodded and muttered a yes.

"Great!" She said, clapping her hands together.

After a long forty five minute drive of continuous pokes from Sana, we arrived at the airport.

"Get up, you lazy butt," Sana said, grabbing my arm.

I got up, and grabbed my suitcase, and left the bus to head into the airport.

"Oh my God, look cute puppy!" Sana exclaimed and pointed left.

I excitedly looked to where she was pointing and disappointed to be looking at a old persons bum.

She knew my weakness of cute animals.

"Woke you up, didn't I?" She asked, proud of herself.

I nodded, feeling less dead  than I was before.

We followed through the procedure of what you do when you go to airports and finally was seated to the last portion where you wait for the call to board your plane.

I watched as everyone sat, doing their own thing. I got a glimpse of Garrett, and he was just on his phone, listening to music.

Then I started to think about when he told me how it was on. Throughout the whole week he gave me dirty looks or even ignored me completely. He mentioned that he was going to prepare something to happen during the trip to London, so I was completely alerted and terrified for my life.

After Sana and I bought some snacks and magazines for the long ride in the plane, our number was called out to board the plane.

"Come on, debaters, let's go!" Ms. Jane called.

I grabbed my carry-on bag from my seat, and walked with everyone else.

"Um, Nafisa," Sana called, looking at my bag.

"What?"

"Why is your bag dripping?"

I turned to see my bag, and yep, it was soaking wet.

And I knew who the culprit was.

***

We took our seats on the plane, and I was beside Sana, of course. But the worst part is, that Garrett was behind me.

He could do a lot to annoy me this way. I don't know what he was going to do, but I knew this was going to be a long flight.

At least I got a window seat.

I was still cleaning my wet bag. And no, I did not confront him. Because I was going to get him back. I was going to get him back good.

Sana and I brainstormed ideas together, of ways to get him back, instead of talking, we typed to each on notes on our phones, since the enemy was behind us.

Sana and I had a great plan.

All we had to do was wait for Garrett to get up. He had to get up eventually from his spot.

As we waited, Sana got up to fill her ziploc bag with water, as she came back, hiding it under her shirt, Garrett finally got up.

We quickly ran to his seat, and placed the water filled bag, underneath the sweater he was siting on.

Gladly, no one was siting next to him.

"Okay, when he comes, play it cool," Sana whispered to me.

"I can't," I told her. "I'll probably start laughing."

Sana gave me a death glare. "You better not ruin my genius plan."

"Oh, here he comes," I muttered, grabbing my phone and started playing subway surfers.

I loved that game.

We heard Garrett taking a deep breath, as he reached for something on the top cubby things of the airplane. Getting what he needed, he took a seat.

And the bag exploded with water on his butt.

"What the *BEEP*?" He angrily muttered, as he removed his sweater and found the ziploc bag.

I had to turn my gaze to the window., in order to hide my smiling face.

He sighed heavily, as he got tissues to clean his seat.

And he did not accuse us.

He wasn't playing the blame game.

That meant, that this was going to continue, getting at each other and not accusing each other.

This was now war.

I'm back :D I've decided to include a picture of how Sana looks. She's played by Sarah Bolger :) Anyways, hope you lovelies have a great day!