Chapter 19: You Want in Our Scene

Four girls dressed to the nines entered into the London club for a party. Four girls were escorted to a booth in the corner of the club. Four girls were greeted by five boys and one girlfriend already there. Perrie had to arrive separately from everyone. She couldn’t bring attention to the girls. Not yet anyways. Bree and Becca had enough attention with Danielle and Eleanor with them. Becca was sure the joint birthday party for her and Niall was really just a front for everyone to go out. She didn’t care much. She needed a reason to go out, though she was aware she and Niall would need to be careful. Management didn’t quite know what to do with Niall’s girlfriend yet. She was their big conundrum. How were they going to sell Niall dating someone older than him? Figuring out Caroline for Harry had been hard enough, but Becca was a nobody. She didn’t have much to endear herself to the fans. Not that Caroline actually did. Bree had been easy for them. A fan turned girlfriend was a great story, and while Becca had the same story, the age thing was their major problem. 

Because the needed to be careful, Becca slid into the booth opposite of Niall. He smiled up at her, pushing a drink towards her. Bless the boy. He had already ordered a drink for her. She smiled back at him and took the drink. He gestured for her to sit next to him, but she shook her head. She didn’t really know how to just act natural with him next to her anymore. Becca was sure if they sat next to each other, they’d do something they’d get in trouble for in the morning. Niall shrugged and turned his attention back to Louis who was telling a hilarious story about getting locked outside of his flat naked. 

“You look nice!” Zayn yelled over to Becca. She smiled up at him, thanking him. He leaned in closer. “Just enjoy yourself tonight. There’s not a lot of photographers here tonight, and we’ll be going on the roof later for cake.” 

Becca nodded. “Will you save me a dance?” 

He laughed and nodded back at her. “Only if you save one for me.”

They shook on it. 

**********************************************

Three drinks went by. Three rounds and they were finally given the okay to go on the roof. The manager told them it would be a bit before they got cake, but it would be up soon enough. Until then, they basically had an entire rooftop bar to themselves. One bartender, one DJ, and a few tables scattered about. One more drink went down Becca’s drain, and Niall was pulling her to a secluded part. It wasn’t as secluded as it was just a part of the roof with a bunch of plants blocking their view of everyone else. His lips met hers in a soft kiss, and he pulled her close to dance with him. The song was slow. Becca wrapped her arms around his neck, and his arms circled her waist. They swayed to the music. Swaying was about all they could do considering they were a little intoxicated. 

“You’re going to get initiated tonight,” Niall told her. 

Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked up at him. “What do you mean?” 

“Into the girlfriend club. Perrie was talking about it earlier. She, Danielle, and Eleanor are going to initiate you and Bree into the girlfriend club tonight,” he said. “They’ve got these cute little bracelets that they wear, and you and Bree will get one.” 

Becca thought about it. She had noticed the simple bracelet the girls wore. It certainly didn’t seem like something they would wear, but she guessed it made a lot more sense now that she knew about it in context. They were part of this exclusive club. You weren’t in it until you were in it, and you had to be extra special to be in it. To say Becca actually felt a little honored was an understatement. She wondered if Bree knew about it or if it would be a surprise for her too. Technically, Bree should have been initiated when they had all met earlier in the year. Becca should have been initiated around the VMAs, but a few days before her birthday seemed to fit too. As the thought crossed her mind again, Eleanor tapped Niall on her shoulder.