Thirty Five.

The world stopped spinning. The red faded. The insane streak that had taken over me disappeared.

The crowd around me was still yelling and everyone was staring at me in shock. My eyes followed the group of people until I saw the still body on the floor.

Morgan lay propped up against the lockers and his head was bleeding, clearly unconscious. Suddenly the pain kicked in.

The person behind me pulled me off the ground and started dragging me away. My eyes couldn't leave Morgan.

By now teachers were knealing next to him and shaking him.

Before I knew it I was in the headteachers office. "That was completely unacceptable! How dare you do this in my school!"

"He did it to me a thousand times!" I argued.

"Morgan has been taken to hospital!" The teacher scolded.

"I have several times!" I yelled arguably.

"Go home now. We'll discuss if you stay in this school another day." The headteacher took me outside the office and slammed the door.

Fucking hell. I did it. I defeated him. I saved Ashley.

But I lost my place at the school and my parents are going to kill me.

Tears formed in my eyes as I trudged through the hallway. Fuck this. When I get home I might just end it.

I'm a monster. I nearly killed someone, and for once it wasn't myself.

As I walked out of the front door of the school the cold air hit my face and I bit my lip.

Everything had gone so quickly and now here I was. Standing in the cold, still alone.

"Kai." Someone said behind me. I turned around and saw Ashley, leaning against the wall. "I told them."

"What?" I asked.

"I told them about Morgan's abuse." She said quietly.

I tried to smile widely. "Wow. Well done." Slowly I stepped over to her.

"I just wanted to say thank you. I'm free now." Ash looked close to tears. I shrugged shyly and stared at the floor.

Ashley looked up at me and whispered. "Kai." I lifted my head to see her when her soft lips were gently pressed on mine.

I snaked my arms through her hair and she put her arms around my shoulders. The kiss got more and more passionate.

Ashley smiled into the kiss and her warm breath tickled my face. I smiled back and opened my eyes to see her.

Her hair flowed gently down her shoulders and her long eyelashes cast a shadow on her cheek. She was beautiful.

She opened her eyes and lowered down from her tiptoes and the kiss. I stood there in shock and an awkward silence.

As I wracked my brain for something to say, Ashley smiled at me, as if reading my mind.

"You don't have to say anything." She said softly, and started giggling. I chuckled quietly and we stood there laughing like idiots.

Damn. She is the most adorable thing in the whole damn world.

And I love her.