Twenty.

*Kai's POV*

My phone buzzed gently next to me.

Guiltily, I put down the knife. I'd been cutting again. I know I told Ashley that cutting was wrong, and I knew it was, but I was addicted.

Sighing, I pulled my sleeves down and checked my phone. My heart stopped when I saw who it was from.

From: Felix

Hey! A little birdie tells me you wanted to talk :) Call me ??

He left his phone number at the end of the message.

'A little birdie.' Ashley. Ashley must have told him. Damn. I owe her a big one.

Carefully, I dialled the number and waited nervously. "Kai!" I heard a happy voice at the other end of the line.

"Hi." I said shyly.

We went through all the basics of 'How are you?' And 'Are you still obsessed with Pierce the Veil?' But when he said his next sentence I flinched.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He asked. Good question. I guess I just wanted someone to talk to who wouldn't mock me.

"Uh..." I tried desperately to think of something to say. "Have you met up with Ashley yet?"

"Yeah... About her... Adrianna and I are staying at Sierra's house and Ashley was here about twenty minutes ago. She told me about the 'hospital thing." Felix said worriedly.

"Oh..." I said awkwardly.

"How are you? Better?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said, catching my reflection in my phone screen and seeing the fading purple bruises on my eyes.

"That's not it... She started crying after that and left. If I were you I'd talk to her. You seem close, and something is seriously wrong with her." Felix admitted.

"I know..." I sighed. "I'll talk to her."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later." He said warmly.

"See you." I shrugged and hung up. Why am I so damn socially awkward? Anyway, I wonder why Ashley cried.

It killed me to think about her somewhere out there with tears in her eyes and no one to hug her.

When she said she loved me the other day I had no idea how to react. I'm sure she meant in a friend way, but still.

It made me feel so special.

When I said it back, it felt so good to tell her how I really felt. Even if it was just in a friend way.