Twenty Six.

*Kai's POV*

I sat on the end of her bed, biting my lip. Why didn't she just admit it? Morgan hit her. To me, it was obvious.

But I couldn't tell anyone without proof.

"Ashley." I said softly. She turned around and looked at me. "If Morgan ever hit you, would you tell me?"

She nodded quickly and lay back on the bed, her head in my lap. "I can't believe he did that to you..." She mumbled.

"Sh." I quietened her. "I don't matter. I only care about you."

She smirked at me and sat up so she was sitting on my lap. "You matter to me. Hey, you want pizza?" She asked.

"Sure." I smiled. She leaned against me as she called the pizza place, and I felt my breath hitch as she leaned against me.

She was so perfect. So perfect it hurt. When she laughed her eyes lit up. I got butterflies as she hung up and looked up at me.

"What?" She giggled, noticing my expression.

"Oh, uh... I..." I was lost for words.

"Fuckboy." She joked.

It was great to see the old Ashley coming back a bit, and I chuckled.

I don't know how it happened, but all of a sudden I felt her hot breath graze my cheek and I felt both of us move in closer.

Our lips were almost touching. Was this really happening?

Just as our lips were about to collide, I felt Ashley pull away. She flinched so sharply that she fell off the bed, and I came to my senses.

"Holy-" I started, getting interrupted by the doorbell.

Ashley stood up and ran downstairs.

Jesus Christ. How awkward... How could I let myself do that? She has a boyfriend.

Kai, you fuck up.

When she walked back up with the pizza box, her cheeks were bright red. "I..." I tried to speak but I couldn't.

"Um... I'm..." Ashley stuttered.

I sighed and bit my lip. Fucking hell! What the heck is wrong with me?

"Fuck..." I mumbled. "Sorry for being an asshole."

"Its... Its not just you... We didn't actually kiss. It was an accident then wasn't it?" She sounded like she was trying to convince herself.

"Yeah..." I frowned.

"Ugh... Puberty..." She rubbed her behind. "I hurt my ass when I fell off the bed."

"Aw." I chuckled.

"Pizza?" She offered, and I nodded. Ashley threw a slice of pizza in my direction and I caught it.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"That's okay. Fuckboy." She laughed.