17. The Xanthey Protection Program

- Xanthey -
It was safe to say I had my own protection program. The boys would rotate between each other who would be my personal body guard. I had at least one in each class, except English which I had all of them. Math was Luke and Xander, Science was Luke again, Gym was Callum and Ashton, Art was Michael and History was Xander. I felt like I had a sign on my head saying "try to kill me socially or other means necessary" because I spent the whole day trying to avoid being humiliated. Thankfully I had my boys to keep me safe. During math Bree had paid Johnny Huges to shove a pie in my face, Xander walked into class first and Johnny is scared of him so he scampered off to his seat eating the pie like a scurrying rat.
"Hey I'm sorry about earlier today" Matilda stood red faced in front of me.
"What do you mean?"
"Well Bree paid me to try and set your hair on fire in class today." She looked to the ground playing with her fingers.
"She what now?" I grabbed my hair making sure it was intact. "You didn't burn it so why the sudden change of heart?" I furrow my brows
"I saw that Luke was sitting next to you. I have had a huge crush on him since forever. I didn't want to ruin any slim chance of him liking me.  Also I would have felt so bad because you're so nice and you were the only person to help me to the nurses office when Bree tripped me up during Volleyball last year and I hit my head." I let out a sigh. At least she didn't burn my hair, this explains why Johnny had a pie in class, Bree must of paid him as well. "Plus I'm standing weirdly in front of you while you change because Jo is trying to take photos of you changing." My eyes widen and my face turns beetroot. I quickly scramble my clothes into my body. I peek over Matilda's shoulder to see Jo standing there with her phone and a sour look on her face.
"Thanks... I guess. You didn't have to do that, Bree is going to make your life hell."
"Trust me it's better than being her puppet." Matilda smiled at me. She was such a beautiful girl. Chocolate curls, green eyes and perfectly tanned skin. I always envied her because she was also really smart, not to mention really athletic. She was the perfect girl in my eyes. She smiled widely at me and linked her arm around mine. "Let's go show Bree that she can't control all of us" did I just make a friend? A real friend? A friend that is a girl... Well this is new. Xander will be proud.
I walk onto the track with Jo, still sour faced and the boys shocked to see I have a human near me, that isn't them. I gestured towards the boys and Matilda followed me over to them.
"Hey guys"
"Wow Xanthey you made a friend, well this is new" Calum giggled a bit
"I can make friends if I want to" I put my hands on my hips
"Yeah sure you can sweetie" ash giggles with Calum and kisses my forehead.
"Hey I'm not that socially awkward!" Then both the boys look towards each other and then back at me.
"Sorry to break this to you Xanth but you really are. It's okay though, I find it adorable." I can't get mad at either of them. They both have adorably attractive smiles. It's annoying, I can never get mad at these dorks.

During gym there were countless people trying to trip me over. Lucky for me I had two things in my favour, 1. I was good at volleyball and 2. I had the boys to protect me, plus Matilda. The fi at person to try and hurt me was Blake, obviously paid by Bree to injure me and make it look like an accident.
He would stick his feet out or "miss" the ball so it would go right into my face. Lucky for me I had been playing volleyball since I could walk, it was also one of Xander's favourite sports.
Calum and Ashton moved with ease and helped me out when it came to the guys serving powerfully right at my face. By the end of the game I had bruises forming on my forearms.
"Xanth, your arms" Ashton gently grabbed my wrist to examine them further.
"It's okay Ash, the guys were a bit rough today, I'm fine." Ash couldn't meet my eyes. He gently dropped my wrist and stormed his way over to the group of guys on the other team.
"What do you think you're playing at?" Ash was yelling. I had never seen him lose his cool before.
"We didn't do anything man, chill" Blake turned away from him but Ash stepped in front of him.
"Nothing, you did nothing? Have you seen her fucking arms? She has done nothing to you. Just because Bree sucks you off doesn't mean Xanthey become your personal punching bag." Ash had his hands in fists and I swear he was going to punch the living day lights out of Blake.
"Bree told us that she was bullying her" ash scoffed
"Blake when are you going to use that brain of yours, Xanthey is shy and always has her nose in a book. How could she bully Bree, who in fact bullies everyone." Blake scratched the back of his head. Of course he was only being mean because Bree bribed him. She was suck a fucking bitch. Why make people do your own dirty work. Do it yourself.
I didn't hear the rest of the conversation as Ash was speaking in hush tones to Blake. They shook hands and Ash walked back over to Calum, Matilda and I.
"Nobody is going to try and hurt you anymore Xanth" Ashton seemed to perk up after his outburst
"How did you manage that?"
"I made a deal with Dummy here" he pointed his thumb over his shoulder towards Blake.
I really hope he didn't make this worse. Bree can be really lethal once she gets her hands dirty.

- - - - - - - - -
I know it's been a while but I didn't have motivation to write but I'm back and will be updating this more regularly
ily Jess x