Chapter 20: Together

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm joking, I'm joking." He embraced me from behind. 

"I'll never let you go."

"I-Idiot."

"Hera?"

"W-What is it now?" 

"Remember when you scraped your knee and I had that spare bandage?"

I paused for a second, and the memory suddenly came into my mind.

"Oh yeah! What about it?"

"That was the first time you and I both told each other 'I love you'"

I pursed my lips, thinking. "Was it?" 

He gasped, "You don't even remember!"

"I do! I just forgot that part... Didn't you just take the bandage out of your pocket and put it on my knee? What happened after that?" I asked eagerly.

"I hugged you... like this, and told you that I loved you. Then you said it back."

I blushed, thinking about that possibly happening while I was only six years old. 

Unexpectedly, I felt lips on my cheek for less than a second. "Y-Yato!" I pouted.

He smiled and let go. "Let's get to Hiyori's."

I nodded, still sulky, and continued walking by his side. 

It had been a few minutes and we were almost there. 

Yato was the first to break the silence. "Hera?"

"Hm?"

"I'm glad you didn't forget me."

"Why would I forget you?" I laughed.

"You're a Regalia, but since you're the God of Knowledge, you slowly remember things. I'm relieved you remembered me."

"Oh, please. I'm a Regalia, yet I recognized you before you even knew it was me!"

"But, that's not my fault. Y-You were unrecognizable!" he stuttered.

I rolled my eyes and failed to hold back a smile. "You don't have to worry about me forgetting you now."

"Good," he smiled.

We reached to Hiyori's place and just when Yato rung the doorbell, a loud crash came from the opposite end.

Yato glanced at me and twisted the doorknob. The door was unsurprisingly unlocked. 

"K-Kofuku?" I scanned the area. There was nothing out of place or broken.

Yato gestured me to follow him. I silently obeyed as we went into the kitchen noiselessly. 

Just when Yato opened the door with an unexpected loud creak, immediately failing our ninja plan, Kofuku caught my eye as she lied on the floor covered in flour. Daikoku seemed to be sound asleep on one of the stools, and Hiyori was staring up into the ceiling as if she gave up on life.

"U-Um... What happened?" I asked.

Hiyori lifelessly turned her head to me and groaned. 

Kofuku slightly coughed up flour, still lying on the ground.

Yato continued into the kitchen and stopped at the counter. I instantly noticed the many crushed cupcakes laying on a tray. "My precious cupcakes..." Kofuku murmured, raising her arm.

"Jeez, what happened to these? And why are do you guys look like your souls have been sucked out of you?" Yato asked, putting one of the messed-up cupcakes in his mouth, chewing relentlessly.