Chapter 16: Seed

Chapter 16: Seed

II Hera II

The moon was clear in sight as I sat on concrete stairs, waiting for Yato to come back. He's been gone for an hour. I wonder why he suddenly left when I can finally see him again. It kind of made me sad- that maybe he doesn't want to spend time with me. I rolled over and layed on my stomach, sighing. These past days have been quite lively. I brought up my hands and stared at them, tears welling up. Dead.

It just brings back all the memories. It just reminds me that I'm not even meant to be alive. I rubbed my eyes, looking at the door- hoping that Yato wouldn't come back yet.

I layed on the bed for a while and closed my eyes, soon drifting off to sleep.

"Hera! Don't do that!" a familiar voice scolded.

I turned around to see my best friend, Yato. In my hands were black and red markers tracing along my arms. I smiled and waved at him with a full black palm. He furrowed his eyebrows and snatched my brand-new markers from my small hands. "That's bad for your skin! Ms. Lila told me that if you draw on yourself, phantoms will kill you."

My eyes widened. I decided to let him keep the markers. Looking down at my hands, I saw big words on them. 'Dragin' and "Markr'

"Does that mean phantoms are gonna kill me?"

Yato shook his head, "Nope, I saved you," he smiled.

I smiled back and hugged him. "You saved me!"

"I'm your hero."

"My hero?" I tilted my head, unfamiliar with the word.

"I'm your hero because I helped you," he beamed.

"Oh! That kind of hero. What will I call you?"

"I am... Yatoman!"

I laughed and took off my scarf, putting it behind his neck to look like a cape.

"Hera?"

I blinked, "Hm?"

"Hera?"

"What is it, Yato?"

"Hera?"

"What?!"

"Hera!"

I shot up, my forehead colliding with Yatos. He groaned in pain, "Jeez, what's your head made of? Boulders?"

I flicked his forehead, "No, you're just an idiot with no strength."

He playfully pouted and glanced at my hands. "So, um-" he quickly looked back at my hands, his eyes widening. "Hera... What's this?"

I looked down, shrugging.

"Did you do this?" he raised a brow.

I shook my head, "It was them."

"Them?" he asked. His eyes widened, as if he remembered something. "Do you mean the people who captured you?"

I gazed at my hand and nodded. "I woke up with these words marked on my hands. They wouldn't get off. I think it's permanent," my voice cracked.

He grabbed both of my hands and frowned. "How could they?"

My lips quivered, trembling as I remembered the flashback of my mother. "I don't... I don't know."

"I'm gonna kill them," his eyes showed no mercy. I grabbed his hand, "It's fine, Yato."

"It's not fine! They hurt you," he choked. "They're terrible."

I sighed, "It's over and done. We can't do anything about it. These are permanent."

He slouched, "I-um... I got you something." he turned around and grabbed a small white box, slowly opening it and taking out a small object.

I saw it more clearly as it lied in the palm of his hand. A seed.

"Now, before you ask me anything- It's not a normal seed. It's a magic seed. If you plant it and wait 3 days, a spirit animal grows from it. It's either strong or weak, depending on your will power."

I stared at it in awe. The seed didn't look like any average seed, either. It had a silver outline with black linings.

He handed it to me. I grasped it, being sure not to clutch it too tight. "You... Where did you get this?"

"It actually took some time to get my hands on it. I had to look inside of the Enchanted Forest."

My eyes widened, "You're such an idiot!"

The Enchanted Forest had all kinds of bad. It's like when you first see deep underwater sea creatures, but instead of that they're phantoms. The oddest-looking ones. They were quite strong too. I don't know how Yato got past them with no assistance or a Regalia.

He laughed nervously, "It was worth it."

I sighed, looking at the seed. "Thank you, Yato."

He smiled, pulling me in for a hug. Still holding onto the seed, I hugged him back anxiously.

"I was wondering..." I mumbled.

I looked up at him. "I want to visit my mothers grave."

WOO THAT WAS SHORT. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT THOUGH! THAT WAS TERRIBLY WRITTEN, ACTUALLY. I'M SORRY. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE ALL ABOUT THAT AND WILL END WITH A SURPRISE THAT I'M SURE ALL OF YOU WILL ENJOY :3 vote and/or comment if you liked this chapter! I thank anyone who supports me. :D