Chapter 7

****Two Weeks Later*****

"Okay I'll be in my room," Josh got up from the floor he had been sitting on and left my room. I smiled. Then I realized that I had been at this orphanage for two weeks and I still hadn't seen Josh's room. I went into my bathroom to pee and washed my hands before running across the hall to Josh's room. When I walked in I saw Josh's bottle of pills for his depression on his desk. Completely full. Yes, Josh suffered from depression. I felt an anxiety attack coming on. My eyes searched the room for Josh but he wasn't there. I ran over to the bathroom door and knocked on it. I got no answer so I pounded on the door with my fist. "JOSH!" I called out. I vigorously shook the doorknob but there was no luck. I ran downstairs and grabbed Everly. I pulled her up the steps and into Josh's room. She took out her key and unlocked the door. Inside the bathroom lay Josh on the ground. His wrist was covered in blood and an empty pill bottle was on the ground next to him. I screamed and Everly immediately pulled me away from the situation. I was curled up on the ground in tears yelling my brothers name continuously through heavy sobs. Workers rushed to my side to comfort me, telling me over and over again to breathe. That everything would be alright. Not even two minutes later the sound of sirens was blasting through my ears all over again. Paramedics and Police officers came rushing in. They carried Josh out on a stretcher. I was still bawling my eyes out. I cried out his name again but he was already gone. I cried into Everlys arms as she whispered comforting words into my ear while rubbing my back.

***Three weeks later****

"Kyra please come out of your room. We let you stay in there for a long time. There are two young men here who would like to see you." Everly said after knocking on my door. I cursed under my breath and pulled down my sleeve that hid my fresh wounds covered in concealer so you could no longer see them. I had scarred up both my arms all the way to my elbows and my thighs too since the night Josh killed himself. So I was in a sweatshirt and leggings. My eyes were stained with tears and I didn't even bother to put on my usual fake smile. I trudged over to the door. Standing outside the door behind Everly was...Dan and Phil? I internally screamed. I was a complete and total phan girl for these two. "Hi Kyra. It's nice to meet you," Phil greeted, sticking his hand out. I took the offer. He smiled. "I'm Dan and that's Phil," Dan introduced. "Y-yeah I know.." I said. "Sorry that was creepy. I'm really sorry! I-I-I" I stuttered out an apology but Dan cut me off. "Stop, it's fine. We knew your name already anyways too. So technically were the creepy ones." He said. I smiled softly but it took a lot of my energy. "I'll leave you guys alone to chat," Everly smiled politely before walking away. "So um...your brother Josh texted us a few weeks ago. He told us he was extremely ill and that he would soon...uh...pass away. He begged us to come adopt you because he wanted you safe. We really had no idea he was planning on uh....but anyways so we decided to move here to America. It was a big decision but we figured it would really make Josh happy. Plus we really wanted to meet you and make you happy too," Phil explained. I knew Josh had connection with some youtubers but not the big ones! Then it suddenly hit me that Josh's suicide had been planned. I could have stopped him...how did I not know? Tears filled my eyes and I ran into my bathroom and slammed the door. Their probably gonna think I'm too emotional and just leave. There was a soft knock at the bathroom door a few seconds later. "Kyra..please come out. We're sorry if we upsst you," Phil apologized. "We want to talk more," Dan said. I opened the door and they smiled while pulling me into hugs. I sat down on the bed. "So were definitely adopting you. But there are some things we should know. Are you suicidal also?" Phil asked. I shook my head no although I was. "Do you take depression pills?" Dan asked. I nodded. "But I'm not as bad as Josh," I added even though I was far worse than Josh. "Okay do you have an eating disorder?" Dan continued. I lied again and shook my head no. I had planned on eating again after I reached 115 but ever since Josh's death I haven't had somebody at my side telling me to eat 24/7 so now I'm down to 83 pounds. Weight loss shouldn't happen that quickly so I knew it was unhealthy but I still continued starving myself. Only eating occasionally. "Okay and lastly, do you harm yourself?" Phil asked. I didn't say anything for a monent before I shook my head no once more making the boys suspicious. "Kyra may I see your arm please?" Phil asked, raising his eyebrows. I shook my head no but before I could do anything, Dan had already taken hold of my wrist gently but still firm enough so I couldn't pull away. He lifted my sleeve. Luckily the concealer made it seem like the cuts were scars and were very old but they were still visible. "Kyra, please don't lie about these things. Its important that we know for your safety." Phil explained. I nodded to show I understood. "I-I I used to cut. But I stopped a long time ago with the help of a therapist," I lied straight to their faces. Nobody knew about my self harm. Especially a therapist. "That's great Kyra! I'm proud of you!" He exclaimed. "Okay well we will go downstairs to fill out the paperwork and you go ahead and pack your stuff," Dan said. "Okay. Wait who is going to be my legal guardian?" I asked. "Well I will. But Dan will be playing just as much of a told as I will!" Phil explained before heading down the stairs.