The After Math

HUNTER'S POV

What in the frickin' hell is he doing here?

I know Sapphire is behind me. I know how disobedient she can be.

Ugh, she never listens to me.

I heard he let a little gasp as she sees him in the cottage, drunk off his mind.

I think he heard it too since he turned around to face her.

"Sapphire, baby, your here." Jake slurred his words. 

"Oh, no. Not again." Sapphire whispered to herself.

Again? What does she mean again?

Oh hell no.

"Why are you here Jake?" She looks embarrassed.

"I want you back. I made a mistake."

She won't fall for that. I smirk.

Then she walks over to him. What? No!

I had the urge to go walk in front on her and carry her back to the room upstairs. I saw as she went up to him, placed her hands on his cheek, look into his eyes.

Oh god. This is not happening.

"Jake," she said softly. "I'm not your mate anymore. I rejected you for cheating on me. Remember?"

Of course he remembers. He was the one shagging a woman while Sapphire was right across the hall.

Jake went to take her by the arm and pull her but I stepped in.

"Back off, dude." I pushed him away from her and took her by the waist.

"You know what? Fuck this. You can go fuck another Alpha who will cheat on you like I did. Mark my words, whore. You will be alone while he's shagging another." He gave a chuckle began walking out of the house, almost tripping on himself.

I was about to step in but Saph's hands were around me, stopping me from going forward. Jake will be marking my words. I'm gonna stay with Sapphire while he's the one who can't get anyone but a whore.

Only in his retarded and mental needing brain will I be cheating on Sapphire.

"Come." Saph's hands tug my arm back upstairs to our unwatched movie.

Oh yeah.

•••

Well, we never got to finish what we started but boy was it good.

She just kind of past out on the floor while I laid beside her, and I realized now that she is a heartbroken woman, trying to be strong for everyone else except herself.
And maybe this is where my compassion for her is starting.

I want to be here; with her. Nowhere else. I'll mend her broken and breaking heart by cutting little pieces of mine. She deserves the best she can get and I'll do my best to be what she needs.
"You won't be broken forever, I promise." I whisper down to her as she quietly sleeps with her chest measuredly falling and rising.

I pick her up and leave our little fort to stay as I walk into another room with a bed. This should be more comfortable for her than on the floor we had previously been on.

I lay next to her and soon find myself sleeping to the rhythm of her heart beat.

•••