Take Me Home Tonight

Start from the beginning

"Nah, I'm cool, thanks." He nodded, giving her sister a wink. She winked back as the tiny dog climbed the stairs and trotted into the house alongside his master.

"How do you know my sister?" Eric asked curiously.

Pam wasn't the easiest person to get along with so seeing Pam so cordial was a little surprising.

"I moved here from Baton Rouge last year. Pam and I clicked almost instantly. Now, we're goin our separate ways. I've been accepted to New Orleans University. I'll miss that bitch." she chuckled. "You know she's stoked about going to LSU with you."

Damn, I have the worst timing! He thought to himself He'd missed Tara by a year. Perhaps it was for the best. She would have made it really hard to leave Bon Temps.

"I'm excited for her. It's great there. You should join us." Eric didn't mean to say that last part but didn't regret it either.

"If I don't like it at UNO, I may take you up on that offer." Tara smiled sheepishly; her cheeks began to burn as it just dawned on her that Pam's hot older brother was flirting with her. The night was starting to look up after all. Eric is five times hotter and ten times smarter than Jason.

Eric leaned forward in the swing, "Even if you stay at UNO, I'd like you to come to visit me." He smirked and Tara's stomach did somersaults, his sexy crooked smile was the cause.

"Deal," Tara smiled, holding out her hand so they could shake on it. He unintentionally glared at it for a moment and clasped her slight hand with his own, noting how soft her skin is. Then ever so gently pulling her delicate hand to his lips and pressing a firm kiss to her flesh. His sapphire eyes penetrating her russet ones causing an involuntary shiver down her spine.

"Take me home," Tara impulsively blurted out and immediately regretted her spontaneous outburst. "OH! I mean..." her cheeks felt like they had been set on fire, embarrassed beyond belief, she tries to think of what she could say to; she hadn't meant to be so forward.

Damn Jack Daniels.

"Tara," His raspy voice crooned, "It's okay."

She slowly meets his gaze again and her tummy flutters, her body responds once more.

"What I meant to say was." she stuttered awkwardly. "I didn't drive and I'm not about to go and ask Ja-"

"Tara," He interrupted again. "I'd be happy to take you home." A well-defined smirk lined his handsome face.

"Okay," Tara would have given anything to know what he was thinking.

Eric was alone in his car with Tara and suddenly he couldn't find any words to say. The air was charged with something unexplainable. Eric started his Corvette and took off. The way her thighs shifted in that short jean skirt when he turned the corner, caused his wild eyes to roam. Energy shot through their bodies and the atmosphere became revived with sensuality.

"Make a right on Warren Avenue," Tara instructed and Eric turned another sharp corner watching her petite legs shift once more.

"The yellow house," The doe-eyed girl pointed her finger to a modest house on the corner. He pulled into the driveway behind an old grey station wagon. Eric's cobalt eyes fluttered closed as he shifted the car's gear and parked.

"Thank you." She beamed. She'd forgotten the last time she smiled so much.

"Your welcome." He replied, searching for something more to say. Anything that would keep her in his company a while longer. Her smile was so bright, bright enough to light the darkest night. It was warm, sincere, inviting and in it, he found the courage to ask.

"Will you call me? Or I can call you...I-"

"Eric..." Tara interrupted. "I'd love to give you my number, but first I'd like for you to walk me to my door," she whispered in a low and seductive voice, looking up at him through long fluttering lashes.

The 6'4 blonde practically leaped out of his sports car, dashed to the passenger side, and opened the door for the raven-haired young woman. He extended his hand and she gladly took it as he helped her out of the car; the act subduing the tension.

Without uttering a word, without doing anything other than meeting her eyes, he slowly leaned, and just as the longing became unbearable, Eric's lips met Tara's. Eric's kiss was slow and deliberate. The warmth of his mouth sent a current of heat successively through her body. Eric's chest heaved with each passing breath; his entire body felt like a live wire. His manhood ached and strained against his jeans. Tara wrapped her arms around his neck and he straightened his back, taking her feet off the ground. She pulled her legs up and wrapped them tightly around his waist.

At that moment, neither of them moved. Neither of them breathed. They just . . . existed together. And the kiss was still artless, still desperate—but only because it was real. The most honest, truthful moment they'd ever shared.

Across the street sitting on her porch are Tara's neighbor, Jason's sister, and Eric's ex-girlfriend. Sookie Stackhouse was in complete shock.