Curiosity [Mystrade]

Mycroft had always portrayed himself as asexual, never had he thought of actually being attracted to someone, hence someone of the same gender.

Ever since he had visited his brother in midst of a case, a particular D.I. caught his eye. He doesn't look much but there's just something about him that fascinates Mycroft.

It can't be the tired and wearisome expression plastered on his face, or the grey hair upon his head, or the smell of coffee his clothes possessed. For some reason, Mycroft cannot pinpoint what trait this man has that attracts him.

Somehow, he found himself following Sherlock more often to the Scotland Yard just to see him. Mycroft hadn't even bothered to ask his name. He doesn't entirely follow him inside, just outside hoping that the man might follow Sherlock as he strides out the glass doors.

He's pretty sure Sherlock had already noticed, but said nothing of it to the man or to him. Sometimes, Mycroft sees his brother smirkih whenever they meet, as if something mischievous is going on in his mind.

Finally, Mycroft decided to look him up, search more information about him, asking Sherlock some questions without making it too obvious that he's curious about him and only showing that he's concerned about the people surrounding his brother. Mycroft is pretty sure Sherlock had seen through it though.

And as for Sherlock, well, Mycroft's assumptions we're right. Sherlock did know what was going on and he finds it quite amusing. He is currently planning on how to 'coincidentally' make them bump into each other.

Mycroft here is left to is thoughts and worries about having to care for another person who is not their family. But he can't help but feel a small, innocent spark on his chest whenever Gregory Lestrade comes to view.