"I-it's okay. You have to go." She said wiping a tear from her eye with her free hand.

"No no, don't cry." I said kissing her cheek. "It'll be alright."

***

Saturday came before I knew it. I hopped out of bed quickly, avoiding with waking Kate up. I got dressed quietly into a pair of dark blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt. Kate didn't even move while I was getting dressed. All she is, is a heavy sleeper. I was going to make her a birthday breakfast, even though it would just be considered a 'breakfast'. I planned Kate's party tonight at a night club. I rented it out just to have who I wanted there, and no else. I'm inviting my mum, the lads, Dani, Perrie, Eleanor, Sophie, and some people that Sophie said was Kate's friends back in school.

I walked out into the kitchen and made chocolate chip pancakes, with chocolate milk. Kate still wasn't awake. What was taking her so long? I walked back into the bedroom to see she had the duvet rolled around her whole body, and she was laying asleep on my side of the bed. I went a plopped on her side of the bed. She was already facing to look at me, and I watched her as she opened her eyes. I smiled big, just wanting to scream "Happy birthday!", but I couldn't. As much as I wanted to, this has to be a surprise.

"Good morning beautiful." I said kissing her forehead.

"Good morning." She replied sitting up next to me and smiling. She giggled as she unwrapped the duvet from her.

"How did you get all tangled?" I teased.

"The important question is, how did I get on your side?" She asked with a laugh. I laughed back, and just looked at her smiling. "What's so funny?"

"Your bed head." I said smiling with my teeth. She playfully smacked my chest. I made a pouty face and grabbed my chest, causing her to laugh.

"You're stupid." She giggled.

"Well fine. I guess someone's not getting chocolate chip pancakes." I said crossing my arms. She looked at me and smiled big. "It's on the table."

I watched her as she hopped out of the bed and ran out of the bedroom. I laughed and chased after her. She sat down at the kitchen table right infront of a plate of the pancakes. I sat down across from her and she was already eating.

"They taste just how my mum made them." She said with a light smile.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yeah. I just haven't had them in awhile." She said while taking a bite of them.

"Why not in awhi-.." Shit. I completely forgot about her parents dying. "Nevermind."

"Yeah.. Its okay though." She said taking a sip of her chocolate milk. After breakfast, she went back into the bedroom and got dressed. She walked out wearing dark blue booty shorts and a neon green, low cut tank top. She brushed her hair out so it wasn't a mess. I walked up to her, placing my hands on her hips and pulling her body close to mine.

"I like this outfit." I said and pressed my lips against hers.

"You better." She teased. I smiled and walked back to the bedroom to check the time. It was already passed 2:00pm. Wow we sleep in late. The party wasn't for 5 more hours. What to do, what to do.. Lets try something different.

"Hey Kate." I said walking out of the bedroom. She was sitting on the couch.

"Yeah?"

"What are your interests?" I asked sitting next to her. Maybe we should try doing something she likes.

"Like what?" She questioned.

"Sports or anything you like to do."

"Oh, well I like playing basketball. Why?"