Prolouge

Skylar's P.O.V

"Dad! I'm off to pick up Ellie!" I yelled as I put on my helmet.

"Alright! We are gonna have pizza today for dinner!" He yelled back.

I groaned. We always eat take out. Ever since my mom died, when i was 14, my dad had to work more often. Which means he has to leave me and my little sister, Ellie, alone for a couple of weeks. But I don't mind. I love Ellie. She reminds me of my mom a lot. She is in first grade and is only six years old. And she is really smart for her age. Since my dad works a lot he doesn't really have time to cook. Well he isn't exactly the best cook out there... After that incident with the oven my dad never even tried to cook again. And there is no way I am cooking. I can't go a minute into cooking something without eating it. I will finish it before I even serve it. So my dad doesn't exactly trust me to cook. Or even around food. Well I'm not a good cook either. So we are stuck wih eating take out a lot.

"Okay! I'll be back in a little bit" I yelled back.

I grabbed my skateboard and headed out the door. Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Skylar Williams. I'm 18 years old. Well you already know about my family. I’m in my senior year of high school. I love music. I'm known as the “Music Dork” in my school. I don't really care what they call me. I just ignore them. I can play any instrument but my favorite would have to be the drums. I always have my beats around my neck. Or at least my headphones. I can ride a skateboard! My dad taught me when I was younger. No I'm not a tomboy. And no I'm not one those girly girls. Whatever you call them. I'm just Skylar Williams. I have job at a recording studio that is just 10 minutes away from where I live. Thats about it! Oh wait! I’m in love with Fall Out Boy! I got to Ellie's school just as she walked out.

"Sky!!" She yelled.

She ran over to me and hugged my leg. Since she is so tiny I had to bend down to hug her back.

"Hey Ellie! How was school?" I asked.

"Good! I made this drawing for daddy" she said. She held up a drawing of what I think it was suppose to be our family.

"It's beautiful" I said. She giggled.

"Alright. Now lets get back home shall we? We are having pizza today!" I said.

"Yay! Will there be pepperoni in my pizza?" She said.

"Of course. Now put the helmet on. I'm gonna teach you how to ride the skateboard. Hold onto my hand okay?" I said.

She nodded. She took of her backpack and gave it to me. She held my hand tightly as she stepped on it.

"Okay good. Now I'm gonna start moving it. Don't let go. We will be home in a bit" I said.

She giggled and nodded. I started to move the skateboard slowly. I didnt want her to get scared since she is only 6 years old. I know she won't be able to learn how I ride it at this age but it will be fun for we to try. We got home in about 15 minutes.

"Daddy! Sky is teaching me how to ride a skateboard!!" Ellie said as my dad picked her up.

"Oh is she?" He sad looking at me. I smiled.

"She wants to learn. So why not?" I said.

He chuckled and have Ellie a peck on the forehead which caused her to giggle.

"The pizza is on the table" my dad said.

I quickly went into the kitchen wanting to get some food into my tummy.