Something new to hate

Nakita p.o.v

I met up with Steven at the Brew Cafe. Sort of like a morning date. I guess.

Its been nice with him, he took me places and we would actually have good times and Jay would never be mentioned. I loved the fact how Steven was old fashioned. He loves to take me on picnics and go roller skating. He did the things I loved that Jay never did, probably purposely.

"How are you sweetheart?", he asked me sitting on the other side of the round table, sipping his peppermint tea.

"Fine", I told him.

"You think about him everyday don't you."

"Hey come on, you said we're moving on from everything and everything was perfect without doing it. Don't try and ruin your day by mentioning it."

"Oh shut up, just go on and admit that we both regret a few things that we said to him and we miss him. Everything isn't the same, I've only been here almost a year and a half and this relationship was ok but now it's time to set things straight."

"Maybe we were never on good terms."

"Doesn't matter, either way I miss him, and I don't just wanna leave him the shadows. I'm gonna visit him soon."

"No the hell your not."

"Yes I am give me one reason why not."

"He's still in love with you and once you get back with him you'll turn away from me again."

"Who even said I was going to? And why don't you keep assuming he's trouble?"

"Did you not see what he did to us?"

"What communicate?"

"The hell you say. I don't care what he said what he's doing! We're not going backwards to his drama and stupid anger problems to be separated."

"No I'm not, but that's what you think is gonna happen. All I want is closure so he won't feel as if I abandoned him because I did love him once as well too you know."

"I never loved him."

"If you didn't you wouldn't hate him because if you didn't hate him from once loving him as a friend and as a brother you wouldn't care."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do! You don't want me to go simply talk to him and check up on him. Your his brother he's not going anywhere as long as he lives, no matter what."

"You go over there we're done here."

I sat back in my seat like, oh no he just didn't and put on my sassy tone of voice. I grabbed my things put a tip on the table and stood up. "Well thanks for wasting my time."

I left him, got in my blue beetle, plugged in the aux cord and cranked up my trap music, and headed to Jay's house. I'll show him I do what I want whether he likes it or not or whether we're together or not. Me and Jay have unforgettable history and I can't just leave him in the past because of how much I think about him. My love has never left my heart for him. Hopefully, it never left his for me.