Chapter Nineteen

Edward proposed. Edward proposed!

Bella was such a grump about it though, I would have been ecstatic if Jasper proposed to me. Bella isn’t one for lavish celebrations, this bothered Alice the most.

Her truck died. Nooo, Emmett and I weren’t trying to race it. The thing was ancient, and was bound to go anytime. By the way, it doesn’t go very fast, Emmett and I didn’t get very far with it. Now though, Bella is sporting a new Mercedes. It’s freaking indestructible, which I imagine is why Edward bought it. Emmett and I had tested this out. I ran into it a few times, as a bet from Emmett. I got in trouble, not Emmett, by Edward, and Emmett put me up to it! See what I go through!

Anyways, apparently Edward proposed before we went to fight the newborns. Of course, did anyone tell me?

No.

All of a sudden, Alice and Bella were talking about a wedding and I was all like, “Whose getting married?” and I got the weirdest looks from Bella and she was like, “Uh… me.”

Then I was jumping up and down, hugging Bella, then running to find Edward, tackling him, while saying, “You’re getting married!”

Emmett’s big laugh and Jasper’s deep chuckles filled the room, along with Edward’s laughs. “Yeah, I am.”

“Well, no one told me! No one tells me anything, I’m always last to know!” I pouted, but then got over it, running back to Alice and Bella, yelling something unintelligible about planning a wedding.

Weddings, weddings, weddings. So hard to plan. Well I found it hard, either I was bored, or I got distracted by bridal magazines, and started planning my own. Then I got yelled at, yet again. You have no idea how many times I heard, “Brighton! Focus!”

Bella had left Alice in charge. Big mistake for Bella. She was drug everywhere for everything. I sometimes tagged along, but then ended up leaving, offering sympathetic looks to Bella. Alice tended to go a little overboard. Plus, flowers did not interest me.

When Bella and Edward’s wedding day came, the house was unrecognizable. Alice and Esme were amazing, it was so beautiful. The wedding was centered around Edward, or as we told everyone else, the engagement ring. Even though I was originally asked to help plan, everyone found it was better if I did little things. So I helped Emmett, Jasper, and Edward move furniture, before going upstairs to change.

My dress was a light, long, slinky, black dress. Simple, yet elegant. Seeing as I was already dressed for the wedding, I went into Alice’s room, to go help Alice and Rosalie get Bella ready.

I threw open the door, “I am here to Brighton your day!” I yelled.

Bella slightly giggled, while Alice was not amused, “Brighton, that was incredibly lame, make yourself useful, hold this.” she said, while handing me a curling iron. So that was my job, holding various hair styling things.

“Wow, Brighton, you look…”

“Amazing, stunning, yes I know, it’s all for nothing because I’ll look uglier than sin next to you.”

Bella snorted, and winced as Rosalie and Alice did her hair.

We slipped Bella into her dress, she looked absolutely stunning. The dress looked like one that someone in the early 20th century would wear, with a high neck, and long sleeves, and a lot of buttons. Bella didn’t grasp the fact that she looked amazing. She always thought herself ugly next to us, I begged to differ.

Alice left to go change, and I sat with Bella, and waited.

“Nervous?” I asked.

“You have no idea, I don’t know if I can do this.” she rushed out.