Chapter Eight

I. am. Screwed. Remember that Trig quiz Alice kindly warned me about? Yeah, well, that’s why. I did attempt to study, so you can’t say I didn’t, because I did. I, however, cannot control my mind to not think about Jasper Hale and about Trig problems instead.

So instead of waiting at my usual spot for Bella and Edward, I was too busy sitting in the hallway, cramming before the bell rang, and muttering curse words in my head. As if it weren’t bad enough, here come Bella and Edward, with the Cullen gang in tow. You know how in movies depicting high school life, the popular crowd walks down the hallway and people get out of there way… similar to a parting of the red sea. Well, this was the Cullens, but instead of them being popular, people just didn’t want to touch them, thinking that they were a weird, beautiful people. Which was true, but since I know what the “weirdness” is, I no longer think that. They’re just strikingly beautiful people.

They couldn’t hang around here, otherwise I would accomplish nothing. I mentally pleaded with Edward to take them somewhere else so I could focus. Thank God he was in a good mood and he obliged. So all of them walked passed me, but I didn’t go unnoticed, as Alice kicked me in the foot while walking by. It kinda hurt. Alice may be small, but she’s absolutely terrifying.

My brain had to have been filled to full capacity because I got a major migraine as I entered the classroom. This was no pop quiz, no this was more like pop test. Talking a huge breath, I started.

My day couldn’t possibly get worse. Gym was a nightmare, normally I’m not bad, but my hand/eye coordination was severely off and I got hit in the head a few times, making my migraine worse.

Third period is usually a happy time for me, and considering recent events, I should be ecstatic, but I was so worn out by the day so far, I wasn’t sure if I could take anymore. Using almost all the strength I had left, I opened the heavy classroom door. The sight I saw did not make me happy.

Jasper Hale was sitting in my seat. My wobbly seat that I love. Letting out a frustrated groan I went to the back and stood in front of my seat and said, “Jasper, get out of my seat.”

“No, I sort of like it here.” was the reply I got.

“Please get out of my seat.”

He shook his head. I thought about resorting to violence, but then decided against it as I would probably do some major damage to myself.

Sighing, I plopped down in the seat in front of him and laid my head down, not having the energy to fight him.

“This rocking back and forth is annoying.” he said.

I tensed feeling his breath on my neck, but the relaxed.

“Then move so I can sit there.” I growled.

No movement. Nothing more was said due to Mr. McDuff putting on an 80’s TV series about the Civil War called North and South. I had seen this already a few times so it was quite boring. Besides, I couldn’t really focus on the Main and Hazard families with Jasper sitting behind me.

I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I know I’m being lightly shaken awake by Jasper. My eyes slowly fluttered open and I used my hand to wipe the sleep from my eyes. My eyes met Jasper’s gold ones.

“What did I miss?” I asked, still groggy from sleeping.

“Nothing really,” he replied, “North and South hated each other.”

I nodded and grabbed my things and followed Jasper out the door. Jasper remained quiet while we were in the lunch line. I watched him grab some random food, some things I think no one in their right mind would grab. I laughed, this was truly amusing.