After settling down in my chair, I picked up the book which had seen better days and began to read…

Left Munich at 8.35p.m. on 1st May arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6.46, but train was an hour late. Buda-Pesth…

“Do you like vampires Brighton?” asked Edward, slightly smirking.

“I don’t know,” I said, “never met one.”

A huge guffaw came from Emmett, and a high musical giggle from Alice, even a small smile from Jasper.

“Good point,” said Edward, “do you think they’re real?”

“Who knows? New things are discovered everyday.” I replied.

“What would you do if you met one?” asked Edward again.

By this time I was fed up with these questions.

So I replied, “Say hi?”

Emmett laughed again, somehow finding this funny. I didn’t think it’s that funny.

After this little episode, the air was lighter. Alice talked to me about shopping, and where to go. Apparently Port Angeles was the closest place to go for decent shopping, or Seattle. She then said we should go shopping together one day. I thanked her and told her that would be nice. Truly I was thankful, for now I wouldn’t have to go with Janet!

Emmett then asked me in his gruff voice, yet surprisingly hypnotic, “How did you hurt your arm?”

All eyes were now on the cast on my arm.

“I fell down the stairs.” I said, remember the whole ordeal, which brought a frown to my face.

A smile came across Edward’s face. “How did you fall?” he asked.

Uh oh… I didn’t like where this was going.

“I… tripped.”

“Over what?” Edward’s smile was getting bigger, stretching across his pale face.

“My… foot.” I mumbled.

Emmett let out a loud, hearty laugh. I was so embarrassed looking at the amused faces of Edward, Alice, Jasper, and of course Emmett. I went to go hide my head in my arms. Why didn’t I lie and say I tripped over one of Chris’ stupid things?

“Shut up,” I whined, I knew my face was red as a tomato by now. “I’m not normally that clumsy, I was in a rush!”

The looks on their faces told me they didn’t believe me. The bell rang again saving me from the torture from the gold eyed Cullens.

I met Emily outside the library. I was actually surprised she was here. Usually when a new person finds someone to hang with, the other person leaves them, assuming they’re good. I was glad of it though, I didn’t know how much of the Cullen boys I could take, especially Edward, he went out of his way to embarrass me.

I waved goodbye to Alice, and she gave me one of her mega watt smiles and I turned to follow Emily through the crowded halls like a puppy. Emily stopped in front of a room that was clearly an art room. Everything was so disorganized and past students’ paintings hung every which way on the walls. Walking through the room was a mine field, with all the art projects that lay on the floor.

“Thank you so much Emily.” I said.

“No problem. Um… Brighton, if I were you I would watch those Cullens. They think they’re better than everyone, and hardly socialize with anyone… until you.”