Chapter 7

I like to think that Joel and I are going to last ages. Like, be one of those couples who do everything together and be the whole world of each other. We know each other and we know where things are going. Or so I thought.

I wasn't expecting to be ambushed upon letting myself into his flat this evening. I wasn't ready for the blow that struck me on the head. The baseball bat butt whacked me upon the jaw. Knocking me outright on my arse.

"You're such a whore!" He yelled in my face. "I didn't even want you, you bitch!"

He continued to drag me across the floor by my ankle. For a skinny guy, he was certainly powerful in the way that he could shift me. My dress had risen up to reveal my unclassy underwear. But, before I had a chance to pull the dress down, Joel was on top of me and horridly cutting my clothes from me.

"Get off me!" I shouted in his face, while also trying to push him off me. But I was overbeared. He was stronger and much more agile.

I tried to use my feet to get him off but it felt like someone had placed 2-tonne sandbags upon them. My heart was beating erratically, making me feel the pulses in my ears. It felt like my head was going to explode with the pressure my heartbeat was playing on it. The tears were streaming down like someone had just turned on the waterworks. I was scared for the outcome of this. I didn't know whether I was going to live or die.

Once I was naked, he stood up and examined his work before walking off and leaving me there starkers. How could the one person that treated me like I was his world, turn into this monster that was doing all this? It was just such a change from his normal persona, and I know if anyone gets me, they're going to get an eyeful.

"You know, Beth forced me upon you. She paid me to be with you. To make you happy, but you're nothing but a fat slob. Someone who can't even find her own cliterous. Who'd ever want someone like you? Look at you, you're disgusting!" He spat, hovering over me.

"All those memories for nothing? Have you even heard yourself?" I spat back, sitting up in the process, but he pushed me back down, my head whacking off the floor as he done so.

"Those memories are fickle. They mean nothing to me. Did you honestly think I could ever love you? Do you?"

I opened my mouth to answer but as I did, he bowed over and let out an engorgeous laugh that erupted throughout the whole flat. It made me wince in fear that he's serious. And he knew that it played on my insecurities. I already felt worthless to myself - due to my past - and he just kept playing upon it like it meant nothing to him. But, I'm guessing that's what happens when you're twisted in the mind.

Once he was finished laughing, he turned round to me and smirked, before walking over to his cabinet across from his TV, and pulling out a vial and a syringe. It was wrapped in tinfoil, which meant it contained some sort of drug. However, he went and sat down on his regular armchair, that was meticulously placed in front of the window, facing inside the living room, making him stare right upon my naked body.

He placed his head on the butt of the baseball bat. Part of me wished that he would just kill me right here and now, instead of prolonging the process. I knew that's what he wanted to do to me. I want it for myself right now, so why won't he let me go as fast as possible? Was he hoping for someone to burst in and take him away from me? Was he waiting on someone saving me? That Miguel was going to come in and save me, so Joel could bash his skull in as well. But, I knew that Miguel was off somewhere else. Promoting or something or another. I don't know, but he was doing something. We spoke on the phone a little before he had to go to his meeting, and he was someone I could share my insecurities with. He was someone I could bring myself to be happy with. That's if Joel would ever let me out this horrendous relationship.