Chapter 4

I was sat on the benches on the Rover Fontaine bridge, watching the sunset while waiting on Miguel arriving. I thought I'd be the one to forget what was meant to be happening, but it was playing on my mind all night. And I'm sure I got Blake a little freaked out with the way I was constantly smiling. It's not my fault I was sort of happy with things. Not my fault that my dream was becoming partially true.

It's not that I wanted the dream to happen but realistically, I could feel every bump of Miguel's lips on mine, even though they were metaphorically placed there. I knew that everything was fake and that some of the details within the dream were real, and others were not, but I just couldn't fathom what was real and what wasn't. Some of the details were a blur to me.

"I see you're on time," Miguel spoke.

"And I see you're late," I smiled.

"Alissa became the problem with everything. She demanded to know who I was going off to meet."

"Thought you were broken up with her?"

"Oh I am, but she won't leave me alone, nor will she vacate our flat. Keeps saying that it's her and that I should vacate it even though I bought it. Therefore, it's in my name. You know?"

"Yeah. Why not get an injunction against her?"

"I plan to. I can't be dealing with this crap right now with her. She thinks she still owns me but she's nothing to me. She won't even stop calling or texting me," Miguel spoke. And as he answered, his phone began blaring off the classic ring tone.

"I take it that's her now?" I asked as he brought it out his pocket.

"Yep. Persistent as always."

"Can we get back to why we're here? I really need to know what was going on before the accident."

"Well," he started as he put his phone away. "Before the accident, you were the bubbliest person I've ever seen. You took life within your stride. You walked everywhere, knew almost everyone. And even when you didn't, you just smiled in their directions. You worked for Andy - I don't know if you still do. You typed up articles for things that people would often feel daily or weekly. You were always given your task well before anyone, as you're dyslexic. You take a while to process things. When we first met, I brought you to this bridge, well, you demanded me here to get me off you back. We had a laugh. We just chatted about anything and everything. Even if it was random.

"Then Joel got wind of what was happening. He became someone you didn't want to mess with. So I backed off a little. Especially because I didn't want you to get hurt from him. But, little did I know, I was already too late. Because the last time we saw each other was the night that he hurt you terribly."

"So, most of my dream was correct then. By the way, do you have a brother that you don't know about?"

"Nope. It was just Nathaniel and I. Unless my dad's had a baby to someone else, then I don't know but it was just Nathaniel and I growing up."

"Was Nathaniel the one that was meant to get the company?"

"Yeah. He was the one that was meant to be getting it. He didn't live long enough to get it."

"He died of suicide, right?"

"Yeah. But wait, how do you know this?"

"In my somewhat realistic dream you mentioned it to me. We were discussing how things were in our lives. You wanted to know why I was running from everything and as to why I moved from London to Noli. You were also intrigued as to how Alissa and I knew each other. You then went on to tell me about Nathaniel and everything about him. About how he was the most sensible one of you both, about how he was the one who should've still been here, to take over the business and that you're so irresponsible with life. That you were always one to go out and get drunk every weekend, instead of staying in and learning about everything. You were rebellious."