Chapter 10

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I yank my pillow from my bed and chunk it to the ground.

Why did I do that?!

She opened up to my mother and I about being raped and then I go a pull that!

Stupid, Riley! That was stupid!

I shout at myself in my head as I storm around my room trying to find something to calm my anger.

I finally stop at my sink with one hand on either side and look up into the mirror at my reflection.

I need a hair cut.

I sigh, turn the sink on and splash my face, wiping the water away with my shirt as I take it off and go to start the shower.

She probably thinks that's all I want. That's why she stopped me.

That's all I used to want, but she's different. I feel as if I have to protect her. Protect her from people like me.

But at the same time I want her to be mine. I want to love her like she should he loved. I want to love her like her father didn't.

I finish removing the rest of my clothes and step into the shower thinking about how to tell her my feelings.

I continue to think of what to do after if already gotten in bed, staring at my ceiling.

~~~~

"Good morning, Princess," I hear Riley's voice in my ear and I sit up, looking around the living room.

"Mom's already gone to work and it's time to get ready for school," he says.

I groan, "But-" I pull the covers over my face.

I can hear him mumble something under his breathe before yanking the blanket off of my body, making me squeal.

"What the hell?!" I yell, "just give me five more minutes!"

He huffs and groans, "We leave in five minutes!" He yells back and I shoot up into a sitting position.

"What?! Why didn't you wake me up?!" I shouted in surprise.

"I did!" He throws his hands in the air, "Three times!"

I look down, "Oops."

"We have to stop at your house unless you just want to wear the same thing today," he says laughing and walking to the kitchen.

"We can stop by my house," I say and ruffle my hair into place without bothering to look at it.

"Okay. Coffee?" He holds out a mug and I take it.

"Thanks."

He shrugs, "No problem. Now let's go."

Once in the car we go silent and its not uncomfortable, but we both know what the other is thinking about.

"So, uh," I hesitate, "about last ni-" I begin, but am cut short.

"No. Don't apologize. That was my fault and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let myself get out of control like that," he says.

Does that mean he regrets it?

I frown, "You're not upset?"

"Not at you."

"Do you," I pause and decide against that sentence and go silent.

He glances over at me, "What?"

"Nothing."

"Don't give me that bullshit," he frowns.

"Do you regret it?" I say and look down at my hands.

"Of course not," his voice turns soft.

I look up at him, "You don't? I thought-"

"Well you thought wrong," he interupts, "I do, however, regret my timing."

"Oh," I say understanding and remembering my outbreak about Devon.

The rest of the ride is quiet and even after I changed and got back in we rode in silence.

I catch the occasional glance from Riley, but nothing more.

As we arrive at school Riley breaks the silence, "So I'll meet you at your last period class and we'll meet Jake and Melissa as his house, okay?"

I smile, "Sure."

I can't believe I'm going on a date with Riley. And I can't believe I've kissed him. Multiple times.

Riley drags me out of my thoughts when he grabs my hand and holds it as we walk into the school.

I smile to myself and my heart starts to pound and I glance at him only to find that he was already looking at me.

I blush.

"You know you're beautiful, right?" He says and I look away as my cheeks heat up even more.

We reach the hallway where we normally part ways and I begin to turn, but am yanked back by Riley who is now looking straight into my eyes.

"Have a nice day," he smiles and plants a kiss on my lips, which I gladly return.

"You too," I say as I pull away and walk off to class.

My cheeks stay red and my lips still smiling as I walk down the hallway.

How did I get here? From feeling so lonely and hurt, to feeling so loved and beautiful?

The rest of my day goes by in a blur as I wait for last period to be over.

Only fifteen more minutes.

I constantly glance at the clock, my stomach churning with every passing minute.

"Skye Turner?" I hear my name and look up, "Oh yea. Skye," the teacher looks up from the piece of paper in her hand, "You're leaving."

I'm taken aback, "I am?"

"Yes," she smiles, "Bye hun, have a lovely weekend and don't forgot the homework," she says as I pack up my stuff and start to walk out of the classroom, the office aid following behind.

I feel a tap on my shoulder after a few seconds of being in the hall and turn around to face the aid who had brought the slip of paper, but come face the face with Riley.

"What? But i-" I give a confused look, "You're an office aid this period?"

He chuckles, "No. I pulled a few strings at the front."

I smile, "Well I'm glad. I was dying in there."

"Sure you were, Princess."

He links his fingers with mine and we walk out to his car.

"So," I begin, "I've been thinking."

Riley stops at my door, "About what?"

I look at the ground and nibble my lip. How am I supposed to say this? I can't stop thinking about last night and how much I want that but I'm scared.

"I uh-" I start.

"Do you want to tell me later?" He asks.

I look up and gasp at how close he had gotten since I looked away.

He has his hand on the car beside me and his body was so close to touching mine that I backed away into the car, making him chuckle.

"Yea. I think you should just tell me later," he says before crashing his lips into mine.

Our lips move perfectly in sync and he presses his body onto mine as my back curves with the car. I smile against his lips and move my hands to his neck, twirling his baby hairs.

"You're so beautiful," he says in between kisses and I can feel everything around us just melting away.

It's just us. Nobody else but us.

I don't know how long we kissed before finally breaking away and heading to Jake's house, but damn was that the best experience of my life thus far.