Chapter 4

My hands start to shake once I notice Riley Johnson heading my way. My breathing starts to fail and I struggle to get a good breath in my lungs and my stomach twists into knots.

What does he want? To make fun of me?

I look down as he reaches my table.

"Your that girl who tried to kill herself, right?" He asks.

"Yes," I answer, "if you're here to tell me I should have die-"

"I came to ask why such a pretty lady would want to die," he interupts and I look at him with a blank stare.

Did he just call me pretty?

"Oh."

"Well?" He asks when I don't say anything else.

"I um.. Don't want to talk about it," I look down at my shaking hands and try to take a breath.

"That's okay. Maybe you could come over sometime when you want to tell me," I can hear the smirk in his voice, "or we could do other things," he finishes with a grin.

My heart skips.

He's just trying to mess with me.

His brown eyes continue to look at me and I start to feel uncomfortable when the bell rings.

I stand up quickly and try to grab my things, but Riley has them.

I sigh, "give it to me."

"Promise you'll visit me," he winks.

"No. Give me my stuff," I hold my hands out.

"You have to promise," he says, his gaze falling on my wrists and I notice his jaw clench.

I look down to see my sleeve had ridden up my arm a little bit, showing old and fresh markings, and I quickly pull the fabric to cover them.

"Here," Riley hands me my binder and walks away, leaving me to walk to class by myself, as usual.

~~~~

The rest of the day sucked just as much as the first half and I missed the bus.

I hold onto my backpack strap as I walk down the street to head home.

I had been at my locker to grab my backpack and I was putting my stuff in it when a girl passed by and bumped into me saying, "awww the poor goth girl is going to go home and finish the job because people are just too mean to her. Please! She's just looking for attention!" as my stuff spilled onto the floor.

No one helped me pick any of it up and because of that I missed the bus. So now I'm stuck with walking.

Maybe I should go home and finish the job.

I just want to die. Of course, with my mom keeping an extra eye on me, that's not an option. I kind of wish she would back off. She starts to hover and it's really annoying.

"Get in," a slightly familiar voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

I turn to look at the car that is slowed to my walking pace and I stop. The car also stops.

Who the hell?

"Stop looking and get in!" Its Riley.

My hands start to shake as I open the passenger door.

What the hell am I doing?

Riley smiles at me when I shut the door, "Now, how about you hold up our deal since you're already with me."

"Our deal?" My breathing begins to go ragged as my anxiety takes over.

"Yes. I gave you your stuff, so you come visit me at my home," he smirks and my skin crawls.

"Oh. Um-"

"Yes? Okay! Good decision!" He takes off down the road.

So much for my plans.

I sit silently the entire way to his house. I just want to go home and cry after my horrible day, but I'm being dragged to some guys house.

Why does he want to talk to me anyway? I'm nobody.

~~~~

She didn't seem too thrilled about getting in my car. Normally girls are lining up just to talk to me, but not this girl.

She sits there silently as I drive to my house, looking at her hands as if she's about to pass out.

I glance over, "What's your name?"

She jumps slightly as if I scared her, "it's um.. Skye," she says timidly.

What a pretty name.

Wait, what? No. What's gotten into me?

"I'm Riley," I say as I pull into my driveway and all she does is nod.

I get out of my car and start to walk to the house when I realize that Skye is just standing by the car.

"Come on," I smirk.

Hopefully she warms up to me.

She hesitates before walking my way and we make our way into my house and to my room.

I don't know what I was thinking. She's hardly even said a word to me.

She sits on the edge of my bed, looking sad a worn out, and I feel as if I need to comfort her. I can't though, I'm the school player, I gotta act like one.

"So," I say sitting next to her and placing a hand on her thigh, "do you want to tell me why such a pretty lady is so sad or do I have to make you?" I ask smirking and moving my hand up slightly, making her squirm.

"I um.. Don't like to talk about it," she says, not looking me in the eyes.

I take my free hand and lightly touch her chin, moving her head to face me, "you will tell me, trust me. No matter how long it takes, I will get it out of you," by the time I finish my sentence our faces are an inch apart and her eyes are open wide.

I can feel her breathing go ragged and I smirk before leaning in a little bit, letting my lips graze hers, then moving completely away.

She's definitely falling for me. She doesn't want to, but she can't resist.

I walk across the room and turn to her smirking, "that'll be all. Do you know how to get home from here?"

"Y-yes," she replies.

"Then see you at school," I wink, "you can leave.

Her eyes widen, "You mean your not taki-"

"No," I say walking toward her with a smirk, "Now leave before I change my mind, Princess."

"I- uh. Okay," she looks at the floor and turns around to walk out.

I cannot wait to get my hands on her, although I think I'll have a little fun first.