Chapter 3

The school is buzzing with stories of William's party and how that crazy girl showed up.

I never saw her.

I was too busy with the very skilled brunette to notice anything else.

Why is a girl like her going to a party anyway? The crazy girl, I mean. Aren't emo chicks antisocial?

"Yo, Riley!" Jake yells through the crowded halleway, "Wait up!"

I remain at the same pace due to the fact that we have the same class this period and he can talk to me in there.

There are few people in the classroom when I enter with Jake hurrying behind me, "Have you seen the crazy chick? She's supposedly in this class with us."

"Nah man. I don't really care much about anyone other than myself, you and my next play thing," I respond nonchalantly.

"Yea yea. I know," he calms down then gets excited again, "but wouldn't you want to see her? Maybe she's hot."

"You go for it. I'll stick with the mentally stable girls," I say as the bell rings, signaling for class to start.

~~~~

The blood drips off my fingers, mixing with the water as tears stream down my face.

I shouldn't have come to school.

People keep staring at me like I'm a freak and telling me my exact thoughts.

Why did I not take more pills?

I thought I could get through it but I can't.

I'm sitting in a stall by the toilet with a pencil sharpener blade as a pen and my arm as a canvas all because I didn't take enough drugs to do the job.

I don't even know what class I'm supposed to be in.

I sit there for a while and let the blood dry a little before exiting the stall and rinsing off the dry blood and pulling down my sleeves.

I look like a train wreck.

My mascara is running and my already ugly brown eyes are red and puffy, making them look even more disgusting, and my hair looks like I just woke up.

I hate my life.

I try to move my hair around to make it look halfway decent, but fail just as another girl walks into the restroom.

I turn and look at her as she looks me up and down.

"You're that girl from the news, right? What was your name? Soph-"

"Skye," I interupt her sentence.

"Oh. Right! Well I'm sorry you feel like you have to end your life to be happy. Have a nice day," she smiles and walks into a stall, leaving me standing there.

I wonder if she truely meant it as I exit the bathroom and head to third period.

I uncounciously pull at my sleeves as I enter my third period class.

I feel every eye on me as a make my way to my seat with my head down.

"Miss Turner. I'm sure you have a legit reason to have been," she looks at her watch, "fifteen minutes late to class." My teacher finishes.

"I um... I d-do not ma'am." I stutter.

"Well I'm sure you'd like to catch up on what you missed then," she says handing me a worksheet then walking to her desk.