Two

Duncan's POV:
The next morning I went into my bedroom with a box of tissues, Courtney was still asleep so I sat the tissues on my desk. I went into the bathroom to grab a hot towel, I came back and put it on her forehead. She kept on moving until finally she woke up, it looked like she got paler, and she looked confused.

"Prin-" I was interrupted by her sudden outburst.

"Duncan why am I at your house?" she asked sitting up.

"Well last night I found you passed out laying on a bench while waiting for a bus, I was walking home at the time so I tossed you over my shoulders and brought you here so you can recover in my care," I said showing the huge smile on my face.

"Why didn't you take me to my house?" She asked glaring at me.

"You told me not to go to your house anymore remember," I said.

"When the hell did you start listening to what I say?!?" she screamed at me angrily. Did I do something wrong?

"You're right, I wanted you to spend the night at my house, so I kidnapped you," I said laughing.

Courtney then punched me in the throat for what I said to her, so much for a thank you for helping me.

"Geez Princess you really need to control your anger issues, you will end up killing someone one day," I said while massaging my throat.

"You should talk, you're always threatening someone and if that's not an option, your beating them up," she said standing up.

"Oh princess, you know me so well," I said winking at her.

She walked over by the door and before she left I heard her muttering something but I couldn't catch it, then she left.

Courtney's POV:
"Yea well you don't know me at all," I said walking out. I went downstairs, I saw his parents sitting on the couch watching tv so I said goodbye and walked out of the house. "Now how am I going to get home?" I said starring at the moon.

I whipped out my phone and called the one person who I knew would be awake at this hour, Toby.

"Yea Toby?" I said coughing into the phone.

"Oreo, where are you? I've been so worried," he said into the phone.

"I'm at Duncan's house, you remember where he lives right?" I asked.

"Of course, I never forget a face or even an address, you want me to come get you?" He asked.

"Uhm no, I'll walk, don't wait up," I said starring at the sky.

I hung up the phone and put one foot in front of the other, I smiled as I walked by myself, these stars are really fascinating. Over there all by itself is one star, and over to its left is two stars, so close but so far away, and over to its right is a whole bunch of stars. Why am I telling myself this? Well it's simple really, I'm that star all by itself, those two stars are my parents, and the whole bunch of stars are my friends and Toby.

From right here they look so close but actually they're so far away from each other. I really have to start working on my anger or I will become that star, I don't want to lose my friends like I lost my parents.

When I got home I found Toby sitting on the couch, sleeping. I'm practically raising myself when it comes to his parenting skills, but still nice to know I have someone to count on. I went into the bathroom to take a hot bath, I guess Duncan really took care of me, I'm not that sick anymore.

When I was done I went into my room, I looked at the clock, 3:00am, three hours of sleep, I better get to it, I have school to get ready for school at 6:30, boy was I tired. I plopped myself onto my bed and went straight to a sound sleep.