"Dear... are you ok now?" Mom asked with a sincere voice.

"Yeah mom, I just need some rest." I replied, weakness evidence in my voice.

She looked at me for awhile while caressing my cheeks. Then, her eyes begun to water which alarmed me.

"Mom... please don't cry, its harder for me to leave you if you cry like that in front of me."

"Then, I will cry buckets of tears just to keep you from leaving son." Mom said while wiping the snot in her nose. I reach out my hand to touch her cheek and loo r at her eyes.

Maybe, this'll be the last time I will be caressing my moms face. I will miss her face, her skin, her eyes and especially her comfort and love.

****

When I heard the loud lightning roared from the sky. I quickly jumped in my mother's arm. Shivering and fearing that lightning might hit me straight from the roof.

"Mom... I'm scared." She smiled at me lovingly and put down what it seems to be a sweater she haven't finished knitting together. She pulled me up in her arms and en-cage me tightly.

"Mom won't let anything happen to you dear.I will protect you so don't be scared, just remember that I will be always be here in your heart." She exclaimed and started humming a song that helps me sleep whenever I get scared.

*****

"Mom, can you sing me that song you used to sing to me when I was small?" I asked her. My mom paused for a second and I noticed her tears came rolling down from her eyes. I didn't wipe her tears because its her right to cry.

"Mom, thank you for everything you've done for me throughout my life." I smiled.

"Hush baby, don't say that."

"But when will I say my thank you? When I die that I couldn't have the chance to say it? Its best to advance things right?" I said and my mom just gave me a looked of longing in her eyes.

"Please don't make it sound like your dying."

" I am dying mom, but we don't know when. But I'd like to say my gratitude before I leave you." She just smiled at me and went to hug as she cried more.

After an hour of drama, my mom went out of my room, leaving me and Marcus who had change to his human form when the door clicked close.

"Marcus..." I called out to him but he was just looking down at the floor and I realized. Maybe he thinks that it was his fault that I was admitted in the hospital again.

"Marcus, please don't blame yourself. I initiated it first so don't go on blaming yourself." I explained. He looked up to me and stood up, nearing my bed. He took my hand and caressed the back of it with his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Allen. I thought I might had displease you and disappointed you so I was scared. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I almost got you killed." He said as he started to cry uncontrollably.

"Hush, look... I'm fine now okay? So don't stressed yourself." I reassured him. He looked at me again and sat down at the  stool my mother just vacated a few minutes ago.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked. I just smiled and pulled his hand. Landing my lips with his lips in a gentle manner. But he immediately pulled away.

"That was the first time I kissed anyone." I truthfully said and he blushed from my confession.

"Then I will treasure this memories for you Allen." He stated while smiling at me.

"That would be great, Thank you Marcus." And I fell asleep.