It's crazy how a place can change and be somewhat peaceful after how terrifying it felt a few hours ago.

"Fernando usually comes with me to watch the sunrise on Saturday mornings, but he didn't show up." She said. I turned to look at her. "I bet you a million dollars he was stoned last night and completely forgot."

May shook her head and chuckled. I smiled.

"You guys are really close?" I asked, almost like a statement.

She slowly nodded her head and pursed her lips as she looked out into the horizon. I rubbed my lips together and looked into the sky as well.

"Yeah, I guess." She breathed. The way she talked was effortless; almost as if every time she exhaled she also added words along with her wind. It was magical - hearing her talk. "Fernando, well, Grant is like my brother," she went on, "I know he's been through some really tough stuff so I like to be there for him."

I slowly nodded my head as the corners up my lips tugged upwards. She's such a sweet person.

"You like to help people, don't you?" I asked in a whisper. Birds began to chirp and the breeze ran across my cheeks.

May turned to look at me as she nodded her head slowly and smiled. I tore my gaze from the sky and looked right back at her.

"I love to help people." She corrected. She took a deep breath and let go of her legs as they spread out in front of her. She leaned on her hands behind her. "I'm not the kind of person that pours milk all over a stranger and then runs away forever."

She turned to look at me before we both burst out laughing.

"Honestly, I think that's the best way to meet someone." She added, still giggling here and there. I smiled and copied her position as I leaned on my hands behind my back.

"Are you planning on pouring milk on everyone you want to meet now?" I laughed. Something felt natural when I talked to her, almost like I was used to this and we have only just met.

"No!" She erupted into giggles and shook her head at lightning speed. For a second I was reminded of Julia; the way she laughed when I cracked a joke. I gulped. "Even if I did do that," she continued, "I probably wouldn't meet any one else that's as forgiving as you were."

I smiled as I felt the blush creep on to my face.

Ashley! Stop thinking like this right now. You're in love with Mason. Remember? Your boyfriend that has plenty of other girls falling for him because he's on the soccer team? Yeah, you're in love with that guy.

We both grew silent as our heads turned towards the sky and found that the sun has creeped up just a bit more than the last time we checked.

It was beautiful and relaxing. Just sitting here with May Parker during the crack of dawn. Almost like it was a dream. A really nice, soothing, soft, dream.

My eyelids dropped heavily when I thought about sleeping. I haven't slept all night and my body figured that now was the time to finally get some rest - out of all times.

Instinctively, I spread my legs out in front of me and laid down onto the cold grass. I turned onto my side and faced May's body as I nestled my head into my hand and allowed my eyes to close.

"What are you doing?" She giggled. I just smiled and hummed.

"I'm sleepy." I moaned. I kept my eyes closed so I wouldn't blush at the sight of her next to me.