Desire/Javier

"Layla?"

"Yes."

"You want to keep Amir for me for an extra $50.00?"

"Sure, until when?"

"Just until tomorrow afternoon."

"Sure, that's fine. You juicing my pockets."

Desire laughed, "Ok, let me talk to him."

"Ok."

"Hi Mommy."

"Hey Mir! You ok baby?" she asked him gently but excited while Javier rubbed her back.

"Yes Mommy, I fine. I miss you. I love you."

"Aww baby, Mommy misses you and loves you too ok."

"Yes."

"I'm coming to get you tomorrow morning ok."

"Ok Mommy, Bye bye, I love you, kiss."

Desire had tears coming down her face. She felt like everything was closing in on her at once and she wanted to get off the phone so she could let it all out. She didn't want to give her son any indication that she was sad.

"Ok baby, I love you too."

"Ok Mommy, here Layla." Amir said giving the phone back.

"Cousin, are you ok?"

"I'm good Lay, thank you for taking care of him, I appreciate it boo."

"You're welcome cousin, I got you."

"Thanks baby, bye."

Desire hung up the phone and put her knees up to her chest and all her tears began to pour out.

"Come here ma." Javier said.

Desire stayed locked.

"Javi, I can't take it no more."

"Ma, it's over...as long as you don't go back. The hard part is over. Now you just have to figure out where you go from here. I will help you."

Desire put her head up and looked at Javier. He took his hand and wiped her tears from her face and kissed her cheek softly.

"Don't cry baby. Use that shit to your advantage. Turn it into fuel."

"Do you want to work for me?"

"Work for you? Doing what? What is it that you do?"

"I sell cars with my father, that's the family business. But what I do, I'm a music producer."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"That's cool...I'm glad to hear that."

"You probably thought I sold drugs huh?" he asked her.

"The thought crossed my mind, but seeing your personality I ruled it out."

"Listen, in life, in general, there is always a two way street. One of those roads is going to lead you where you don't want and need to be. I could've been like my brother and cousins and sold drugs, but I made the decision not to. I get fucked with by my brothers, cousins, and friends all the time."

"They're not happy that you're successful?"

"They are, but you know how hood thinking is. Some people's mentality let them think that's the only way. Life is what you make it. And that's what I was telling you at the club. You're beautiful yes, but you don't have to shake your ass for money, never again. The only difference from me and my friends, and brothers, I never been to jail. They are just as smart as me, but they got caught up. They made the wrong decisions. I need you to make the right ones, just like I did. Me and you, we're not like them. We're going places."

Desire looked in wonderment at Javier. "What did I do to deserve you?"

"Right place right time baby, destiny." Javier said. He smooched her on the lips. "I got you kid, roll with me." he said as he put his arm around her.

Urges were strong all night, and attraction was evident, but they didn't have sex. Fact of the matter was Desire was a good girl and she knew that, so did Javier. He didn't want to cheapen the moment. He wanted her head to be clear. He wasn't trying to take advantage of Desire, he chose to respect her and her body.  They laid there watching t.v. until they feel asleep in each others arms. Desire never felt more safe, other then when she was a little girl and her father would hold her.

When they feel asleep her phone went off and it woke Javier up.

"Ma, your phone going off. Desire." he shook her.

"You can check it. Is it Layla?" she asked groggy.

Javier looked at it. His anger grew inside when he saw what it was.

"Nah, it's just a T-Mobile reminder." he lied. "I'm going to the bathroom." he said.

"Ok Javi."

He took her phone in the bathroom and read the message: DESIRE YOU ARE A FUCKING BITCH! YOU LEFT AND YOU TOOK MY FUCKING SON! MRS. SHEILA TOLD ME THAT SHE SAW YOU WITH A SPANISH DUDE! WHO THE FUCK IS THAT???!! AND THEN SOME PAPI RIDES BY GRITTING ME??? SO THAT'S HOW YOU'RE DOING YOURS NOW???!! OK, I GOT YOU BITCH!! AND YOUR LITTLE FRIEND TOO!!

Sounds like a  bitch. He sound like the witch from The Wizard of Oz, "and you're little dog too." hahahahaha. Fucking puto, he ain't doing shit to nobody. You got moves, I got moves too. It ain't nothing.

Javier took his phone out and made a phone call.

"Yo bro, what's good."

"What's up Javi?"

"I need to talk to you ASAP!"

"Roll through the spot."

"Aright."

Javier walked over to the table and put Desire's phone down. He walked over to her and shook her.

"Baby wake up."

"What is it Javi?" she said rubbing her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Something came up and I have to go. I need you to sit up and listen to me."

Desire sat up quickly because she could tell something was wrong.

"Javi, you scaring me, what's wrong?"

"Listen, I need you to trust me ok. In the morning, go pick up your son. I want you to call a cab and take it the train station." He said putting his boots on.

"Javi, why? What is going on? You scaring me!"

"Boo! Calm down." he said holding the sides of her head with his hands. "I'm not going to let anything happen to either one of us. If I don't make moves now, something bad will happen. I can feel it."

Desire began to cry. "Javi please just tell me what is going on."

"I am. After you get to the train station go in and buy a ticket. You're going to go to Vargas Plains. Get off go get a room in the hotel. I will call you in the afternoon to check on you ok. I promise." Javier kissed her and said, "Put the chain on the door." and he left.

Desire's mind began to spin. She looked towards her phone and grabbed it off the table. "Oh My God!" She said dropping the phone as she read the same text message from Javan'te that Javier read. "He's going to try and kill us."