Chapter Thirty-Nine - She Loved The Bastard

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Isla crossed her arms and looked away, disgusted with him and with her for having no sense of decency. Isla wouldn't kiss anyone like that in front of other people, let alone her own brother or a woman who was, well, only sort of an ex.

When the kiss ended, Blondy bounced out the door. She may have even winked as she waved and left. She was like a cartoon version of beautiful, all perfectly drawn lines and flowing hair, and Isla decided right then that she hated her.

Arturo straightened his tie, waiting for the door to close completely behind the blond. Before it clicked, Isla heard the woman interrupting Sylvia, asking for whatever gift it was that Arturo had left with her.

Probably an expensive perfume bottle, or jewelry. The bitch.

Isla finally noticed Orlando just then. He was still standing beside her, his face bent as he pinched the bridge between his eyes. Like he was warding off a coming headache, or the red that was climbing his neck.

Her pity for him almost overtook her anger over this entire situation.

Then Arturo had to open his damned mouth. "Was there a reason you decided to come back to my office?"

Oh. Right. She was here to yell at him.

Isla pulled up the crumpled contract and pushed it right into Arturo's face. She was probably a good inch away from making it actually touch his nose. "What the fuck is this supposed to be?"

Arturo very calmly, very slowly, reached his hand up and curled strong, tanned fingers around Isla's wrist. Her pulse jumped when he lowered her hand. His eyes were harsh when they were revealed.

Heat climbed up her chest and neck. She couldn't wipe the angry look off her face, even though she was probably blushing like someone who was not at all confidant in what she was doing.

"What would be the problem?"

Isla cleared her throat. "What are you thinking?"

The look on Arturo's face didn't change. He looked at her like he didn't even know her. "Just tell me what the problem is."

She exploded at him. "Forty-Nine percent? Are you kidding me? You're only going to give back forty-nine percent?"

"Is there something strange about that?"

"I'm going to be outside," Orlando said. He was shaking his head, like he couldn't handle listening to anymore of this.

It seemed he didn't want to bother with trying to protect his brother anymore. Arturo was officially on his own.

Which was terrible because when Orlando left, Isla suddenly felt like she'd lost her backup and most of her courage.

Great.

Arturo waited until the door closed behind his brother before he said anything. "Forty-nine percent is standard if I want to keep control of the business."

"You weren't supposed to keep control!" Isla yelled. She wanted to strangle him. She really did. "The deal was that you hand over the entire business to me and my family."

"Yes, after spending four weeks with me under my terms. If I felt the need to cancel our contract at any time then I was under no obligation to give back any percentage of the business."

Isla was probably red in the face right about now. She was probably on the verge of giving herself a nose bleed with all the blood rushing to her face.

"So, because I spent only half the time with you I get only half the business?"

"Technically, you spent less than half the time with me."

Arrangement with a Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaire Brothers Book 1) COMPLETEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें